The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intheimageofGOD
u mad i told u to relalx or something loool, u can write whatever u want i dont care lmao, it looks like your the one whos not very happy you can insult me all you want its just proving my point. its public yes, but these comments show a lot about you and its very sad to be fair. you dont need to reply to what I say heck if you dont like it dont read it right. Simples! lol. never told u what u can write dont have a gun to your head just showing u how it seems like u quite mad espcially at ppl who believe in a religion.
ppl belive in a religion= anger lmao.
and thank you for reminding me to breathe I almost passed out.
also whats the obsession with ticacs can get u one if u like

Nah you’re mad angry you know 😂😂. Brudda you’re p!ssed that I called religion bullcrap but it ain’t my fault it is. You need to sit down before you give yourself a stress heart attack bro! 🤣. All that sad guff about sin and people being evil has really got to you, can’t lie. As I said brudda, calm down. We ain’t evil. Jesus didn’t die for us but maybe he should have died for you relaxing a little bit instead loool!!
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone ever felt like this? Like I don't care about heaven anymore, I don't need to go to heaven because I don't deserve heaven. Does this mean I have a mental problem? What advice would you give to these people?

dont think about what happens AFTER death, cause you simply cannot know what happens after death. Live in the now, not the future, not the past.
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone ever felt like this? Like I don't care about heaven anymore, I don't need to go to heaven because I don't deserve heaven. Does this mean I have a mental problem? What advice would you give to these people?

As an atheist, death is the end of something beautiful. What does that tell you about life? As the others have said, live in the present and live in this moment. You or I will be on this life's stage for only a couple more decades, then? We'll go back to nothing - do you have to fear it? No! Would you feel anything, no! It will go back to how everything was before you were born. Would we know? no. Live your life. Smile, make others smile (not for heaven), because we will all have our final goodbyes and partings. Live your life in smiles, not in delusion of a "heaven".
Original post by tamilGuy.
As an atheist, death is the end of something beautiful. What does that tell you about life? As the others have said, live in the present and live in this moment. You or I will be on this life's stage for only a couple more decades, then? We'll go back to nothing - do you have to fear it? No! Would you feel anything, no! It will go back to how everything was before you were born. Would we know? no. Live your life. Smile, make others smile (not for heaven), because we will all have our final goodbyes and partings. Live your life in smiles, not in delusion of a "heaven".

Can I ask, how did you get to the conclusion of being an athiest? Is it the organisation of religion or that it's archaic or evil and suffering or some past personal experiences?
Original post by JVorJrose
Can I ask, how did you get to the conclusion of being an athiest? Is it the organisation of religion or that it's archaic or evil and suffering or some past personal experiences?

All of that combined tbh. Living through a war has certainly, very profoundly lead me in this path but that's not the only reason. I have seen how stories evolve. Studying science was the biggest factor tho.
All of that combined tbh. Living through a war has certainly, very profoundly lead me in this path but that's not the only reason. I have seen how stories evolve. Studying science was the biggest factor tho.

Ahh, brother I am actually so sorry to hear that you've been living through a war! That is, nah. I can't even begin to comprehend that man, what on earth?
Shoot man. Yeahh stories from centuries since times like through thousands of years ago to the eygptians to all sorts to now yeah I hear that man
You believe in evolution or nah, due to science.
My brother, I hear that though, but you know about science that's interesting actually because for me, I saw science as going hand in hand with, like theology.
Ahh, brother I am actually so sorry to hear that you've been living through a war! That is, nah. I can't even begin to comprehend that man, what on earth?
Shoot man. Yeahh stories from centuries since times like through thousands of years ago to the eygptians to all sorts to now yeah I hear that man
You believe in evolution or nah, due to science.
My brother, I hear that though, but you know about science that's interesting actually because for me, I saw science as going hand in hand with, like theology.

Your thoughts on evolution? How do you think that reinforces your understanding of your divine being?
Original post by SallyA142
That ain’t a valid response. Don’t tell me that u believe the moment someone is born that they are evil to the core

Exactly, preach. This is nothing more than a tactic made up by the early Christians as a method of mass control: make people believe they're evil and unworthy and helpless....which means they suddenly need salvation and guidance from priests and all the rest that goes along with it. These particular religions don't want you to feel truly empowered because then you wouldn't need them anymore. It's just absolutely toxic and disgusting to spew that everyone is inherently evil and that you inherit "sins" from your ancestors, it's all bullcrap lmfaoooo. Sins aren't real and insisting that you should be guilty just because of something someone else did is also soooo dumb!
(edited 7 months ago)
Your thoughts on evolution? How do you think that reinforces your understanding of your divine being?

Ohhh I can't lie I'm not into the theory of evolution myself, but wait well actually regarding evolution it really depends on what type we're looking at here. If we're talking micro-evolution count me in, such as change overtime and adaption overtime. But in terms of the other type of evolution that being macro-evolution, I'm not really in. For instance, even if we used all of our intelligence to breed different types of dogs we can't break the genus of dogs; we run into genetic limits. If we can't break genetic limits with all of our intelligence, why should we expect an unintelligent process to do so? You get me?

But even for macro-evolution to occur, you would need the laws of nature to be what they are to drive evolution and that requires a mind to keep them going in the correct direction. The world has order and structure; science and mathematics, the world is not random; reliable cause and effect it's very fine tuned- in my opinion

See the thing is with evolution is that cool; for some it can tell how us as humans have come about, like what happens when we've got life essentially, but not how it started. The chemical and physical processes of the universe that over time provided the right conditions for life on earth, doesn't mean that life suddenly just comes about

But what's your take on it brother
Ohhh I can't lie I'm not into the theory of evolution myself, but wait well actually regarding evolution it really depends on what type we're looking at here. If we're talking micro-evolution count me in, such as change overtime and adaption overtime. But in terms of the other type of evolution that being macro-evolution, I'm not really in. For instance, even if we used all of our intelligence to breed different types of dogs we can't break the genus of dogs; we run into genetic limits. If we can't break genetic limits with all of our intelligence, why should we expect an unintelligent process to do so? You get me?

But even for macro-evolution to occur, you would need the laws of nature to be what they are to drive evolution and that requires a mind to keep them going in the correct direction. The world has order and structure; science and mathematics, the world is not random; reliable cause and effect it's very fine tuned- in my opinion

See the thing is with evolution is that cool; for some it can tell how us as humans have come about, like what happens when we've got life essentially, but not how it started. The chemical and physical processes of the universe that over time provided the right conditions for life on earth, doesn't mean that life suddenly just comes about

But what's your take on it brother

Oh thats pretty cool.

I think the difference between is micro and macro is nothing other than scale and time. Over millions of years, small genetic changes can accumulate and evolution doesnt really break the genetic limits, it works with the constraints of genetic diversity. The thing about a fine tuned universe that sustains human life, well it seems fine tuned because it gave arise to human intelligence. Another species with some other chemistry which is non existent - it wouldnt really say the universe has been fine tuned. The constants and the calculations all worked out to support human life, if it was any other way, we wouldn't be here (doesn't mean it wouldnt be supporting any other). I've heard my religous friends say things like, well how is the earth exactly this distant from the sun, any closer and it wouldnt really help us. The arguments the same i suppose, we are here. Its not really about whether the constants and the current set up supports us, or whether it makes life worse for us -it should really be a discussion on whether the constants allow our life to be in existence. Am i making any sense?
Oh thats pretty cool.

I think the difference between is micro and macro is nothing other than scale and time. Over millions of years, small genetic changes can accumulate and evolution doesnt really break the genetic limits, it works with the constraints of genetic diversity. The thing about a fine tuned universe that sustains human life, well it seems fine tuned because it gave arise to human intelligence. Another species with some other chemistry which is non existent - it wouldnt really say the universe has been fine tuned. The constants and the calculations all worked out to support human life, if it was any other way, we wouldn't be here (doesn't mean it wouldnt be supporting any other). I've heard my religous friends say things like, well how is the earth exactly this distant from the sun, any closer and it wouldnt really help us. The arguments the same i suppose, we are here. Its not really about whether the constants and the current set up supports us, or whether it makes life worse for us -it should really be a discussion on whether the constants allow our life to be in existence. Am i making any sense?

Oh yes my brother! I totally, hear and understand you g. See? I wanted to have conversations like this with people and hear their thoughts instead I got all sorts of cussing out and all sorts so them man there had to get patterned icl.
On a more serious note though, this is interesting for real. Icl I'm still working on reading into this more but yeahhh this has really added to my viewpoint still.
I think, aight the case of a designer may not be all too convincing, but still in science let's talk about the brain here and consciousness right.
To explain consciousness without a need for God would mean we use space, time, matter, physics and chemistry then. The brain is physical so that makes sense but non-material things like minds, there arises a problem by still being bounded by physical laws. Human intelligence arose but how does intelligence arise from purely, material, things, um. I can't lie I may not be all too good at explaining this and its ought in becoming rather philosophical but, yeah man.
Oh yes my brother! I totally, hear and understand you g. See? I wanted to have conversations like this with people and hear their thoughts instead I got all sorts of cussing out and all sorts so them man there had to get patterned icl.
On a more serious note though, this is interesting for real. Icl I'm still working on reading into this more but yeahhh this has really added to my viewpoint still.
I think, aight the case of a designer may not be all too convincing, but still in science let's talk about the brain here and consciousness right.
To explain consciousness without a need for God would mean we use space, time, matter, physics and chemistry then. The brain is physical so that makes sense but non-material things like minds, there arises a problem by still being bounded by physical laws. Human intelligence arose but how does intelligence arise from purely, material, things, um. I can't lie I may not be all too good at explaining this and its ought in becoming rather philosophical but, yeah man.

There are a couple of explanations here. I am no expert in this, but these are the things that I have come across in reading:

Consiciousness is simply the product of the brain's electrochemical processes - i.e., everything about the mind including intelligence can ultimately be explained by the physical processes of the brain. Its kinda like, dont make the mind a "non materal", it makes use of the concept of emergence - the interactions of simpler, primitive components, giving rise to more complex phenomena (in the case of the brain, the intricate interaction between neurons). Can I jsut repeat, I aint the most well read person on this topic ofc, this was just me fulfilling my sudden questions lol. also i get the philosophical part - this to some degree is an incomplete part and both science and philosophy are having their respective go at answering such a question!

Since you are invested in this, id recommend you reading the "Human Universe" by Brian Cox. It was a very well written book that addressed a lot of the fundamental questions (sometimes offering reasonable conclusions and at times providing the space for debate and argument). its a very thought provoking book and i think some of the ideas ive mentioned they were discussed in the book too, or i may have read it from smoewhere else. but yeah a very interesting book!
There are a couple of explanations here. I am no expert in this, but these are the things that I have come across in reading:

Consiciousness is simply the product of the brain's electrochemical processes - i.e., everything about the mind including intelligence can ultimately be explained by the physical processes of the brain. Its kinda like, dont make the mind a "non materal", it makes use of the concept of emergence - the interactions of simpler, primitive components, giving rise to more complex phenomena (in the case of the brain, the intricate interaction between neurons). Can I jsut repeat, I aint the most well read person on this topic ofc, this was just me fulfilling my sudden questions lol. also i get the philosophical part - this to some degree is an incomplete part and both science and philosophy are having their respective go at answering such a question!

Since you are invested in this, id recommend you reading the "Human Universe" by Brian Cox. It was a very well written book that addressed a lot of the fundamental questions (sometimes offering reasonable conclusions and at times providing the space for debate and argument). its a very thought provoking book and i think some of the ideas ive mentioned they were discussed in the book too, or i may have read it from smoewhere else. but yeah a very interesting book!

Very interesting point you got there my man, ahh aha you're all good my guy I'm hearing what you're saying stilll
Good poiints, good points my man. Yeah worddd and I quite like this, interconnection between the two disciplines here frr
Ayyy alll right my guy I'll defo be having a read then, cah yeah I can't lie myself too I'm not all tha knowledgable on this😅 so that's probably as far as I'll go for now but thank you for this discussion man it was very thought-provoking still!
Very interesting point you got there my man, ahh aha you're all good my guy I'm hearing what you're saying stilll
Good poiints, good points my man. Yeah worddd and I quite like this, interconnection between the two disciplines here frr
Ayyy alll right my guy I'll defo be having a read then, cah yeah I can't lie myself too I'm not all tha knowledgable on this😅 so that's probably as far as I'll go for now but thank you for this discussion man it was very thought-provoking still!

Haha that was very fun! Take care man!

Latest

Trending

Trending