The Student Room Group

Do you bother if the texts are dry?

Basically texted a girl from tinder, got her insta and she replies with a full sentence but hasn’t asked questions back…she sent the first text but not sure if she’s actually interested or just being polite. She lives far away tbh but she seems nice so idk.

Does asking “how was your day” seem boring? To change convo topic? I’m kinda worn out talking to different girls on apps and never getting dates/ anything meaningful apart from sex. It seems all the girls I talk to just want hookups and nothing else
Original post by Anonymous
Basically texted a girl from tinder, got her insta and she replies with a full sentence but hasn’t asked questions back…she sent the first text but not sure if she’s actually interested or just being polite. She lives far away tbh but she seems nice so idk.

Does asking “how was your day” seem boring? To change convo topic? I’m kinda worn out talking to different girls on apps and never getting dates/ anything meaningful apart from sex. It seems all the girls I talk to just want hookups and nothing else

It is kinda boring saying hey how was your day tbh
Reply 2
Original post by A jaded girl
It is kinda boring saying hey how was your day tbh

Yeah I know just run out of ideas tbh- any suggestions for how to change the topic so the convo doesn’t get dry?
Reply 3
Yeah I know just run out of ideas tbh- any suggestions for how to change the topic so the convo doesn’t get dry?

Get off apps, meet girls in real life and have proper conversations; no guarantee they won't be dry either, but face-to-face is far better than snippy little messages.
Reply 4

Yeah, I think if you haven't found something to talk about by now nothing's going to happen. Best to move on.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Get off apps, meet girls in real life and have proper conversations; no guarantee they won't be dry either, but face-to-face is far better than snippy little messages.

Yeah I’m back in my hometown for a year as I’m having a year out of uni so I re-download apps- I hate them so much. Irl I’ve always had better luck and usually find something to talk about but yeah - my hometown doesn’t have many bars/ anyone my age
Reply 6
Original post by Doomotron
Yeah, I think if you haven't found something to talk about by now nothing's going to happen. Best to move on.

Yeah think I will, thanks :smile:
Reply 7
The thing that has worked time and time again for me n apps is 'fancy a pint?'

Seriously. Quit with the back and forth and just organise a meet. If they hold off then jib them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending