The Student Room Group

changing predicted grades

i've just got my prediicted grades and for econimics they have predicted me a b but my whole life is literally economics and i really want them to change it but i dont think i have a stong argument.
micro=74%,68%,61% and then 52% in UCAS exams (sat with school but they used a leaked paper)
macro=85% 80% 70%75%85% and then 77% in UCAS exams (sat with school but they ised a leaked paper)
overall in my ucas exam i got 65% which according to the school was a B (using the ALEVEL 20222 grade boundary 70% would be an A and 56% was a B)
Original post by kas694
i've just got my prediicted grades and for econimics they have predicted me a b but my whole life is literally economics and i really want them to change it but i dont think i have a stong argument.
micro=74%,68%,61% and then 52% in UCAS exams (sat with school but they used a leaked paper)
macro=85% 80% 70%75%85% and then 77% in UCAS exams (sat with school but they ised a leaked paper)
overall in my ucas exam i got 65% which according to the school was a B (using the ALEVEL 20222 grade boundary 70% would be an A and 56% was a B)

Usually schools give you 1 or more grades up from what you’re achieving currently as students tend to revise more intensely for the real a-level. If I was you I would make a revision plan and show them how you’re planning on studying even more to improve your grade, tell them you’re doing extra reading because you’re passionate about the subject, and if economics is what you want to study in uni maybe say you want to apply for a university that needs an A? Just make it clear you’re willing to work hard for it and really want a better predicted grade - idk how harsh your school is but it’s worth trying. Good luck, it seems very unfair they’ve predicted you a lower grade than what it seems you’re actually capable of. I’ve been working at around a low A / high B in chemistry on average and my teacher agreed to predict me an A* instead of an A just because i said i needed it for university and would work hard, so it’s worth asking.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest