The Student Room Group

Can my teacher change my grade?

Lets say you you are predicted A* A for 2 of your A level subjects but you have been stuck on a C or D for your other subject, but you really need A* A A to get into your dream Uni, is there a way the teacher could change my grade from a C to an A? Is there anything I can do to persuade him to change my grades. Currently I'm doing some past papers.
Reply 1
you'd have to prove to him through your work that you could get the A. he can only really predict what he thinks your capable of getting. you can try talking to him to see if there is something specific you could do.
Reply 2
Original post by Spelunker
you'd have to prove to him through your work that you could get the A. he can only really predict what he thinks your capable of getting. you can try talking to him to see if there is something specific you could do.

You think I still have time to prove to him for the remainder of the year? even though I have 1 month left
Reply 3
Original post by Uhhcallmerae
You think I still have time to prove to him for the remainder of the year? even though I have 1 month left

it depends on when your school locks down the predicted grades. do you have mocks after summer before predicted grades are set? or is it just your own mock papers your doing. you might still have time but there is no guarantee your teacher will change your grades
Reply 4
Original post by Spelunker
it depends on when your school locks down the predicted grades. do you have mocks after summer before predicted grades are set? or is it just your own mock papers your doing. you might still have time but there is no guarantee your teacher will change your grades

I am aware we have mocks in the winter, but i believe by then predicted grades are already set. However, I think throughout this remaining term I will send him a lot of my past papers and I will use the advice you said and ask him for things i should improve on

Quick Reply

Latest