The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Stuck between Essex and Northampton?

I've been offered unconditional for both but don't know which one to choose, with northampton you get free laptop and the dorms look pretty good but there's nothing around like outside of the university apart froma close friend going to a different uni one town over, at Essex I've also been offered a foundation year since I took a gap year and it seems the uni is all round pretty good but I don't know much any advice would be greatly appreciated ty
Hi there 👋

Congrats on your unconditional offers, that's great news! What course would you be studying, would you start this year 23/24?

Have you had a chance to visit Essex on an open day at all? We're a campus uni so have got everything all in one place. The Colchester campus is located close to Wivenhoe and is a short bus journey into the centre of the city. We've got a 24-hour library and student centre overlooking the lakes. Guaranteed campus accommodation for your first year. If you do stay in campus accommodation you also get a free gym membership included. We've even got an on-site theatre and cinema. The student union runs the bar and sub-zero our underground club. There's events on every week during term time. Loads of cafés, restaurants and a shop all within a few minutes walk of each other.
We've got over 120 societies and clubs that are student-run so there really is something for everyone.

Essex is made up of 3 campuses: Colchester, Southend and Loughton; with Colchester being the largest of the 3.

If you've got any questions in particular about life at Essex I'd be happy to help 😊

Essex Student Rep - Hayley
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending