The Student Room Group

The University of Essex

Sociology with data analytics or marketing and business degree.
So I've applied but I may need to reapply for next year and I have came across one course at the university of essex which is the sociology with data analytics bsc.
Not sure which course would offer me better career prospects. I would like to get into marketing or even publishing I've seen alot of marketing jobs asking for degrees in business , communications or business unless its either a tech company then its degrees in economics, computer science or something math related or marketing sales which is usually entry level. Some marketing companies ask for knowledge of data analytics.

I throughly enjoy sociology more so than psychology but alot of business modules interest me and I would love my own business but I know a degree probably isn't going to teach me alot.
At the moment in torn between the two as I was unaware of the course. There are very few degrees in both sociology and business or business and analytics.
I dont have any advice services available to me.
Reply 1
Original post by Rose_99
So I've applied but I may need to reapply for next year and I have came across one course at the university of essex which is the sociology with data analytics bsc.
Not sure which course would offer me better career prospects. I would like to get into marketing or even publishing I've seen alot of marketing jobs asking for degrees in business , communications or business unless its either a tech company then its degrees in economics, computer science or something math related or marketing sales which is usually entry level. Some marketing companies ask for knowledge of data analytics.

I throughly enjoy sociology more so than psychology but alot of business modules interest me and I would love my own business but I know a degree probably isn't going to teach me alot.
At the moment in torn between the two as I was unaware of the course. There are very few degrees in both sociology and business or business and analytics.

Hiya @Rose_99 !🤩

At Essex you are able to study either sociology and request to have business modules and vies versa.
This is a great way to complement your studies.
If you still not sure between bought degrees you still able to apply via clearing during summer and this way you don't have to wait another year to apply again.

I hope this helps.
Essex Official Rep-Cat🤗
Original post by Rose_99

Hey @Rose_99 👋

Your degree will be quite transferable to many career opportunities. I'd advise to look at the course structure and the modules that are taught to see if these interest you and if you think they are subjects that you could reference in a CV that a future employer would see as desirable.

It's great that you're interested in starting your own business one day. Have you checked out Essex Startups yet? They support entrepreneurs and help you work on your business skills alongside any degree that you're studying.

Best wishes,
Essex Student Rep - Hayley

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending