The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

University of Arts London (UAL Masters)

Hello!
I am an international student and I have recently been on hold with UAL. They are not replying to any query and it has been weeks. Frankly, a little weirded how the number 2 uni in the world for design would have such a disorganised communication system?

I was told by my interviewer through written mail I got an offer and my portal showed an unconditional offer on June 29 after I emailed them thrice about scholarship deadlines but I have not received any formal email, no information packet, nothing. Most importantly, I have not received any response to my queries except an email that says they are sorry and busy.

The visa process for my country is very horrible, long and mentally horrid. I do not know if I should proceed.

Is there anything up at UAL? No reason has been communicated for this delay except that they are busy. I'd appreciate any clear insight into this!

Scroll to see replies

hi i think what you are awaiting is CAS number, right? I am waiting for it too because you cannot apply for a visa without it. From what I heard from my country's (India) student rep is that it will be available around mid-July to end of July.
Were you able to apply for the scholarships since they only extended the 7K one till 07/07 and all the others were 30/06.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
do they respond to phone calls?
Not sure but I think you can get in touch with them through your country's official representative! Or they can communicate for you. It doesn't matter if you have filed your application through them or not - they generally will get back to you.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
hi i think what you are awaiting is CAS number, right? I am waiting for it too because you cannot apply for a visa without it. From what I heard from my country's (India) student rep is that it will be available around mid-July to end of July.
Were you able to apply for the scholarships since they only extended the 7K one till 07/07 and all the others were 30/06.

Hey! Not just the CAS, I never received an email for my offer either. Yk how an official letter is emailed with important information, I received nothing. Did you? I applied by myself and recently contacted my country’s agent so they could intervene.

I applied literally 6 hours before the deadline for the 30th one. very lucky I noticed the portal refreshed and said I had an offer. I didn’t even receive an email that I got an offer.
Reply 5
Not sure but I think you can get in touch with them through your country's official representative! Or they can communicate for you. It doesn't matter if you have filed your application through them or not - they generally will get back to you.

I asked my rep to reach out as well, they haven't replied to them either.
Reply 6
Original post by beautifulworld
do they respond to phone calls?

I asked a relative to call from the UK, they didn't pick up any call.
I asked my rep to reach out as well, they haven't replied to them either.

Oh, that's a bit unusual! Hope they reply soon!
Hey! Not just the CAS, I never received an email for my offer either. Yk how an official letter is emailed with important information, I received nothing. Did you? I applied by myself and recently contacted my country’s agent so they could intervene.

I applied literally 6 hours before the deadline for the 30th one. very lucky I noticed the portal refreshed and said I had an offer. I didn’t even receive an email that I got an offer.

Me too, but as a home student, have received no official letter. I'm hoping one will come this week, but it's put me off a little
Reply 9

Hi, Im in the same situation.
I just fount out I had an offer because I luckily checked the portal, but I never received the email. As they never sent any kind of information or formal letter, I was kind of scared because because I wasn't sure if that was enough or if I had to do something afterwards.
Also, they published the results just after most of the scholarship deadlines were due, so I could only apply to the 7K one, which appears to be the case for most people.
Btw, my results for that scholarship appear now as "reserved". Does anyone know what it means? It's like a waiting list?

Since I applied and got acceptance in the first round, I can tell you that that was the case for me too. My portal got updated in a matter of 3 days but my official e-mail took about 2 weeks to come. I got lucky when I was invited to the graduate showcase back in Feb as an offer holder and that made me check my portal for the decision.
It's good that you were able to apply for the scholarship! Which course are you in for, if you don't mind me asking? I am in for the MAGFR programme at LCF.
Original post by Meraluna
Hi, Im in the same situation.
I just fount out I had an offer because I luckily checked the portal, but I never received the email. As they never sent any kind of information or formal letter, I was kind of scared because because I wasn't sure if that was enough or if I had to do something afterwards.
Also, they published the results just after most of the scholarship deadlines were due, so I could only apply to the 7K one, which appears to be the case for most people.
Btw, my results for that scholarship appear now as "reserved". Does anyone know what it means? It's like a waiting list?

My scholarship also shows "reserved" - from what I gathered through another forum where someone had reached out to the uni was that this means the same as "received" and we just have to wait for the results.
Reply 12
My scholarship also shows "reserved" - from what I gathered through another forum where someone had reached out to the uni was that this means the same as "received" and we just have to wait for the results.

oohh, ok. Thanks! Hopefully they let us know the decision soon.
Original post by Meraluna
oohh, ok. Thanks! Hopefully they let us know the decision soon.

Same! It's quite stressful, isn't it? Which programme are you in, by the way? I'm in MAGFR at LCF!
Reply 14

Hey, it could also mean that you have been shortlisted. But let’s hope that “reserved” means “received”. :smile:
Original post by jjww16
Hey, it could also mean that you have been shortlisted. But let’s hope that “reserved” means “received”. :smile:

from "received" I mean that the uni has received the application for further consideration!
from "received" I mean that the uni has received the application for

Oh, that seems about right.
Reply 17
Original post by jjww16

Yeah, I also read that on some other thread. I just want to know to figure out what I'm going to do, haha.
Fingers crossed that the meaning is "received".
Reply 18
Same! It's quite stressful, isn't it? Which programme are you in, by the way? I'm in MAGFR at LCF!

Yes, stressful indeed. Im applying to the MA Illustration's program 🤗
Its reassuring in some ways to see that others are going through the same thing in terms of communicating with them although it is so sad that its literally been 3 weeks and I am yet to receive a response for a time sensitive matter. I even tried to speak through the chat on the website to see if there was a way to get through to them and they literally said "you have to wait for the email response". I relate to the visa process being long and awful and its almost mid-July, I just feel they really need to get on top of things when so many international students have to jump through hoops to get things done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending