The Student Room Group

KCL pharmacy

If my predicted grades are AA for bio and chem but a B in French, would I be able to apply to KCL pharmacy because the website said that the B should be in chemistry right?
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
If my predicted grades are AA for bio and chem but a B in French, would I be able to apply to KCL pharmacy because the website said that the B should be in chemistry right?

See the following page for the course information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/pharmacy-mpharm
The specifics of the entry requirements are: "A-level (or equivalent) grade A and B in Chemistry and one from Biology, Mathematics or Physics (in any order)". This means you need at least a grade A in one of the sciences, and at least a grade B in the other science.

Your predicted grades are AA for biology and chemistry, so you should be fine for consideration. If they give you a conditional offer, you need to make sure that you need to secure at least A for chemistry or biology and B for the other science (but you need AAB overall for 3 subjects).
(edited 9 months ago)
Why pharmacy?
Original post by Antonia Jane
Why pharmacy?

if you're asking about me personally, then its just the career I've always wanted to do :smile:
Original post by MindMax2000
See the following page for the course information: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/pharmacy-mpharm
The specifics of the entry requirements are: "A-level (or equivalent) grade A and B in Chemistry and one from Biology, Mathematics or Physics (in any order)". This means you need at least a grade A in chemistry, and then at least a B in either Biology, Maths, or Physics.

Your predicted grades are AA for biology and chemistry, so you should be fine for consideration. If they give you a conditional offer, you need to make sure that you need to secure at least A for chemistry and B for biology (but you need AAB overall for 3 subjects).

Thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by _mangosmoothie_
if you're asking about me personally, then its just the career I've always wanted to do :smile:

Very limited job availability. My son did MPharm, speaks 4 languages, did a few business courses and got into a Biotech Company. He is the only one out of his class that has a well paid job. Others are working in a pharmacy or doing another Masters.
Original post by Antonia Jane
Very limited job availability. My son did MPharm, speaks 4 languages, did a few business courses and got into a Biotech Company. He is the only one out of his class that has a well paid job. Others are working in a pharmacy or doing another Masters.

personally, i've always wanted to work as a clinical pharmacist (so in a hospital) and i heard that the pay's better, but thanks for this, I had no idea :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending