The Student Room Group

Should I apply for philosophy and politics with my A level subjects?

I have just finished year 12 and I am doing A levels in psychology, geography and chemistry. I initially wanted to do geography at university but I really don’t like geography A level so I don’t want to do that anymore.

I have been doing some research and I think that Politics and Philosophy sounds really interesting. The only thing is that I’ve heard that most people who study this do A levels in things like History and RS etc, and I’m not doing any of those.

Do you think my A level subjects would hinder my chances? Obviously I can’t change them but maybe I should consider a different degree.
Reply 1
If you think it’s the course for you then go for it! It may be worth having a look at the course information on the websites of some of the Universities you may wish to attend to see if they have any specific requirements. Alternatively most Universities will have a recruitment/applications contact that will be able to advise you further.
Reply 2
It shouldn't hinder you but some of the better institutions might want you to write an essay for them.

Quick Reply

Latest