The Student Room Group

chances of a vacation scheme

Hi, I am a second-year undergraduate at a decent Russel group seeking advice on my chances for a vac scheme next year. I have decent pre-university grades, with A*A*A*A. I have a few spring weeks in banking, accounting and multiple open days + a first-year law scheme in my second year of university( I am on a four-year course with a year abroad ). I also have a summer internship at one of the big four next year in London following my spring week. The only issue is that during my first and second years, I experienced a lot of "mitigating circumstances, " meaning that I achieved a 58 in the first year and 60 in the second year but I have not scored below 2.2 in any module. I am graded for my year abroad( it does not affect the outcome for my classification outside of having a distinction, merit and pass next to a 2.1). As a result, I have a few questions for people on this forum:

(1) What are my chances of gaining a vac scheme next year at a firm like a SC or large international firm?
(2) What firms would be more willing to place less emphasis on grades and look at an application as a whole?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending