The Student Room Group

can you swap offers with someone who wants to take a gap year?

This might sound like a delusional idea...but let me explain.
I reapplied to Medicine in my gap year but go no offers again, I have an unconditional offer at Qmary for Neuroscience but I have heard a lot of bad things about the uni and the area and I really don't want to go. I should have applied to applied medical sciences at UCL because I had the grades but I was really naiive and ignorant and I didn't think of it at the time, nor did I have any guidance or support from anyone else. I wanted to ask if there was an offer holder for UCL for applied medical sciences that is thinking of taking a gap year that would be willing to give me their offer through UCAS if I contacted UCL, as I know that they don't do clearing?

Does anyone know whether this is possible or if it's just delusional.

Could I call on results day and ask if they have a place?
(edited 9 months ago)
No you can't do this

Universities factor in the number of applicants likely to defer or cancel their applications last minute when they're making offers. Someone else deferring doesn't open up a space.
I’ll be polite and say it’s not possible rather than delusional.

Offers are specifically for that applicant. They’re not concert tickets.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
I’ll be polite and say it’s not possible rather than delusional.

Offers are specifically for that applicant. They’re not concert tickets.

Could I call on results day?
Original post by jubnatan

Yes, subject to the usual clearing process. As above, it’s not “one in, one out”.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by jubnatan

You can but you wont get anywhere. UCL dont do clearing. The course will be full.
Original post by swanseajack1
You can but you wont get anywhere. UCL dont do clearing. The course will be full.

They’ve not been quite so certain this clear, but I agree, it’s unlikely.

“Should UCL have Clearing vacancies, they will be advertised at 8am on 17 August.”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending