The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi, i applied for student finance for the year 2023 & it has asked me for evidence of supporting myself over the past 3 years. I moved into my partners house in the year 2020 and have been working at the same job since 2019, but student finance can’t take the first pay check in 2019 as it’s not sufficient enough to live on. i currently live in my own house & have an adult dependant and have been granted the lowest student finance. i currently work full time and receive benefits to support me and my partner but when i join university the benefits will stop & my hours at work will have to be cut as it’s a full time course. i’m so worried. i provided evidence of income from the years 2019-2023 and this isn’t sufficient enough. i cant access previous pay checks from my job in 2018 and this was not a sufficient amount of income to live on as i was also in college. i cant get in touch with student finance and i’m struggling. what do i do ?
Original post by valefor.
Hi, i applied for student finance for the year 2023 & it has asked me for evidence of supporting myself over the past 3 years. I moved into my partners house in the year 2020 and have been working at the same job since 2019, but student finance can’t take the first pay check in 2019 as it’s not sufficient enough to live on. i currently live in my own house & have an adult dependant and have been granted the lowest student finance. i currently work full time and receive benefits to support me and my partner but when i join university the benefits will stop & my hours at work will have to be cut as it’s a full time course. i’m so worried. i provided evidence of income from the years 2019-2023 and this isn’t sufficient enough. i cant access previous pay checks from my job in 2018 and this was not a sufficient amount of income to live on as i was also in college. i cant get in touch with student finance and i’m struggling. what do i do ?

Hi there,

We need 3 years worth of self support evidence before the start of your course if you're under 25 and trying to claim to be independent. If you claimed benefits during these 3 years, we can consider this along with employment evidence. If you can't provide 3 years self support evidence then we will require your parents income if you're under 25. They would complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

We need 3 years worth of self support evidence before the start of your course if you're under 25 and trying to claim to be independent. If you claimed benefits during these 3 years, we can consider this along with employment evidence. If you can't provide 3 years self support evidence then we will require your parents income if you're under 25. They would complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks,
Claire

thanks so much ! so should i cancel my application and apply again?
thanks so much ! so should i cancel my application and apply again?

Hi there,

You don't need to cancel your application, rest assured: the PFF2 is all we need to include your parents' income if that's what you want to do.

You can also upload the form on your account: it doesn't need to be posted.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

You don't need to cancel your application, rest assured: the PFF2 is all we need to include your parents' income if that's what you want to do.

You can also upload the form on your account: it doesn't need to be posted.

Thanks, Graeme

I submitted the form given on the 2nd & still haven’t heard anything back as of yet & im just getting a bit nervous now as uni is coming up fast. i’m just so unsure of what to do
I submitted the form given on the 2nd & still haven’t heard anything back as of yet & im just getting a bit nervous now as uni is coming up fast. i’m just so unsure of what to do

Hi there,

When did you submit the form? Once received, it's currently taking 21 working days to process.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

When did you submit the form? Once received, it's currently taking 21 working days to process.

Thanks,
Claire

it’s been 21 days now & still nothing. i could only submit my mums information and income as i don’t have a dad and have never known him and isn’t on my birth certificate. she only receives universal credit and no other income
it’s been 21 days now & still nothing. i could only submit my mums information and income as i don’t have a dad and have never known him and isn’t on my birth certificate. she only receives universal credit and no other income

Hi there, Was the form submitted on the 2nd of August? Thanks, Angela
Reply 8
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Was the form submitted on the 2nd of August? Thanks, Angela

the form was submitted before the 2nd but i got an email saying that it had been received on the 2nd
the form was submitted before the 2nd but i got an email saying that it had been received on the 2nd

Hi there, The timescale advised does not include weekends only working days. We can check on the estimated review dates for you if you contact us direct. You can do this by signing into your student finance account and accessing our live chat service where an advisor will be able to assist further. The service is available between 9am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending