The Student Room Group

Going through a breakup with no friends as a support system sucks

It’s rubbish, I’ve got no one else to have fun with and take my mind off of things. I’ve got no other deep and emotional connections other than with my ex and no one to confide in other than my therapist, my family aren’t great at being there to confide in and meeting new people is extremely grating especially when I have pre existing social anxiety and depression. My ex met all my needs and was the only person I’ve ever been able to have a genuine close connection to, now I’m alone and I don’t know who I am anymore and I seriously can’t enjoy my own company everything feels so empty. All I can do is go on the internet all day and stay indoors and not leave the house. I don’t know how to get over this and it’s been two months so far.
Break ups can be hard, time can heal. How much time depends on you?

How long were you together? Is this your first relationship?
Reply 2
Original post by GetTwisted
Break ups can be hard, time can heal. How much time depends on you?

How long were you together? Is this your first relationship?

My first relationship of 6 years. I just wish I had people I love and who love me platonically.
Original post by Anonymous
My first relationship of 6 years. I just wish I had people I love and who love me platonically.

Yeah well that is going sting then.

Have you thought about going for a walk or doing some sort of activity other than being stuck in doors all day.
Original post by Anonymous
It’s rubbish, I’ve got no one else to have fun with and take my mind off of things. I’ve got no other deep and emotional connections other than with my ex and no one to confide in other than my therapist, my family aren’t great at being there to confide in and meeting new people is extremely grating especially when I have pre existing social anxiety and depression. My ex met all my needs and was the only person I’ve ever been able to have a genuine close connection to, now I’m alone and I don’t know who I am anymore and I seriously can’t enjoy my own company everything feels so empty. All I can do is go on the internet all day and stay indoors and not leave the house. I don’t know how to get over this and it’s been two months so far.

I'm very sorry to hear that you're going through this. I'm in a fairly similar position myself, apart from the fact that it was a very short term relationship, I was so integrated in his life now I feel so lonely. The friends that I do have aren't very understanding either as they're all in happy relationships so it makes it so much harder. Feel like I have genuinely no one to talk to about it. Happy to lend a listening ear if you want!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending