The Student Room Group

how does a level results day work

will i need to get in touch with my firmed option if i get the grades or will they get in touch with me? is there a specific deadline? do i need to submit my grades to ucas? i’m just so confused tbh i only know that i’m gonna get my results on the 17th and that’s it 😭
So on the day ucas will update at 8AM (I think..) and tell you if you got into ur firm, or your insurance, or if you are in clearing. It won’t tell you your grades, and you don’t need to email your unis anything because they will already know the outcome.

You can then go to your school to pick up a certificate with your grades on it if you want - but idk if this is true for everyone. Oh and schools can also email the grades to you!
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by studybug531
So on the day ucas will update at 8AM (I think..) and tell you if you got into ur firm, or your insurance, or if you are in clearing. It won’t tell you your grades, and you don’t need to email your unis anything because they will already know the outcome.

You can then go to your school to pick up a certificate with your grades on it if you want - but idk if this is true for everyone. Oh and schools can also email the grades to you!

i didn’t realise it was that easy 🥲 in my school we use results plus but we can also just go in and get the actual paper copy of our grades
what time does UCAS update? Is it exactly 8am?
Reply 4
Original post by MedApplicantttt

google says at 8:15 am
Original post by MedApplicantttt

UCAS hub will reopen at 8 am on 17 August.
Original post by annonnymouus
i didn’t realise it was that easy 🥲 in my school we use results plus but we can also just go in and get the actual paper copy of our grades

It's worth reading the following UCAS article to undertsand what your application status will mean on results day:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/results-day/what-your-application-status-means
Reply 7
Original post by normaw
It's worth reading the following UCAS article to undertsand what your application status will mean on results day:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/clearing-and-results-day/results-day/what-your-application-status-means

so if i want to accept my firm offer i have to call ucas?
Original post by annonnymouus
so if i want to accept my firm offer i have to call ucas?

No - you don't need to do anything. Your place at your firm choice will be be confirmed if you meet the conditions of your offer and you will see the following message when you log in to the UCAS Hub on results day:

Congratulations - you've been placed at your firm choice [university or college] to study [course]!

You'll soon hear from [university or college] with some next steps, make sure you check the details carefully.
Reply 9
Original post by normaw
No - you don't need to do anything. Your place at your firm choice will be be confirmed if you meet the conditions of your offer and you will see the following message when you log in to the UCAS Hub on results day:

Congratulations - you've been placed at your firm choice [university or college] to study [course]!

You'll soon hear from [university or college] with some next steps, make sure you check the details carefully.

okay thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending