The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Anyone had to repeat a year?

My son has just found out he needs to repeat year 1 (engineering). Various reasons why he failed which are less likely next year and was very close to being able to progress to year 2.

Anyone know if results are capped and if you resit all subjects? (I think so as it says repeat stage but I don't know).

Would be ideal to resit all subjects really to give a solid base going forward, but would also want to be able to see progression mark wise so that he gains confidence.
Original post by Anonymous
My son has just found out he needs to repeat year 1 (engineering). Various reasons why he failed which are less likely next year and was very close to being able to progress to year 2.

Anyone know if results are capped and if you resit all subjects? (I think so as it says repeat stage but I don't know).

Would be ideal to resit all subjects really to give a solid base going forward, but would also want to be able to see progression mark wise so that he gains confidence.

Hello Anon,

Thanks for your message, I do hope all is okay with your son and he is feeling positive about starting afresh this year :smile: Which course is he studying? This is a difficult one to answer on here I'm afraid! I think the best thing to do is to get in touch with the Faculty or academic department directly, as there may be variations between courses on how these things are managed. They will be able to give you more specific information based on your individual circumstances and hopefully help you out.

Best of luck in your next steps over the next few months!

Holly
University of Bath
(edited 9 months ago)
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest