The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Haven’t received UCL acknowledgment email

It’s been 48 hours and I haven’t received an email saying they’ve received my application.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It’s been 48 hours and I haven’t received an email saying they’ve received my application.

Hi,

Hope you're doing well. I know situations like this can be stressful, so maybe I can offer some help.
If you have applied through UCAS, it may be worth checking your UCAS homepage to see if you have submitted your application. Sometimes universities may not respond straight away when they recieve your application due to the busy application period. If they still haven't contacted you after few days, try getting in touch with their admissions team to chase it up.
Wishing you best of luck with your appication.

Faheema (Lancaster Student Ambassador for Psychology)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

hi, I haven't received a confirmation either and it has been 7 days. I called UCL a few days ago and they said they have IT difficulties. They said by next week (i.e. this week) there should be a confirmation. It may take quite a while.
Reply 3
(Original post by Cupcake2004_)hi, I haven't received a confirmation either and it has been 7 days. I called UCL a few days ago and they said they have IT difficulties. They said by next week (i.e. this week) there should be a confirmation. It may take quite a while.

ahhhh thank you so much for letting me know, that's reassuring i was worrying!
Reply 4
Original post by Cupcake2004_
hi, I haven't received a confirmation either and it has been 7 days. I called UCL a few days ago and they said they have IT difficulties. They said by next week (i.e. this week) there should be a confirmation. It may take quite a while.

have you got one yet?
Curious about this as well. I applied as int on Nov 1 and have not recieved anything indicating they have received it. Should I be reaching out to their admissions office?
Reply 6
Curious about this as well. I applied as int on Nov 1 and have not recieved anything indicating they have received it. Should I be reaching out to their admissions office?

i emailed them a couple days ago and they gave me a very vague response about technical problems they're facing. they didnt say anything about how long it would take or if they even could see my application. kinda worried but hoping we get one by the end of next week. i applied a day after you so im glad im not the only one
have you got one yet?

no i haven't. have you?
i emailed them a couple days ago and they gave me a very vague response about technical problems they're facing. they didnt say anything about how long it would take or if they even could see my application. kinda worried but hoping we get one by the end of next week. i applied a day after you so im glad im not the only one

I'm glad I'm not the only one too, especially because I applied a while ago.

I reached out and they said it is due to technical/IT problems. You can call them if you want. I applied 31st oct and haven't had a confirmation email from them yet.
Reply 10
I'm glad I'm not the only one too, especially because I applied a while ago.

i dont know many others who have applied to UCL do you know anyone whos recieved an email from them?
i dont know many others who have applied to UCL do you know anyone whos recieved an email from them?

okay so i read somewhere on student room that someone got an interview for engineering. But, i don't know when they applied. I just know it's for 2024 entry. This is the only comment I saw where someone said they got a response from UCL (including confirmation email). Other than that, nothing.
(edited 5 months ago)

I just checked student room and someone said they sent in their application in early october and had their confirmation email from around that time
I applied over a week ago and haven’t got a confirmation email either. Very odd, especially considering UCL’s prestige, size and rankings
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous #3
I applied over a week ago and haven’t got a confirmation email either. Very odd, especially considering UCL’s prestige, size and rankings

yeah me too kinda worried. let us know on here when you get your confirmation email
Original post by Anonymous #1
yeah me too kinda worried. let us know on here when you get your confirmation email

I just received an email for ucl portal login telling me to register. idk if this is the 'acknowledgement' email, but yh
Reply 16
I just received an email for ucl portal login telling me to register. idk if this is the 'acknowledgement' email, but yh

haha i just came on here to say ive got mine too! glad its finally here for both of us
Original post by Anonymous #1

I did but I applied in early october
Reply 18
I applied for law in early October through UCAS but have not received any separate email from UCL (or other unis except Oxford). Should I be worried and reach out to the other four schools that have not sent me a confirmation email...? UCAS website says my applications were submitted.
Reply 19
Original post by kmsg77
I applied for law in early October through UCAS but have not received any separate email from UCL (or other unis except Oxford). Should I be worried and reach out to the other four schools that have not sent me a confirmation email...? UCAS website says my applications were submitted.

UCL have had problems over the last couple weeks and got back to me last week saying they received my application when I originally sent it on the 2nd. so I’d say give UCL a bit more time but maybe reach out to your other universities because those do seem quite late? May I ask what others you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending