The Student Room Group

Big move

My husband makes me feel anxious. He is a type of man that loves being at his parents home and like home comfort. We have moved location due to work and it is in his interest to move especially as this move may help him get closer to his dream, and mine to be a housewife eventually.
We pay a lot more rent now. This move was a mutual agreement and our parents all agreed as well. The rent increase has also been bothering him.
However all he wants is to go back home.
We have argued and the other day I said I couldn’t take the arguing and his constant negativity and told him I will move back home by myself. He then proceeded to say to me that it was due to my fault and encouragement that we moved three hours away in the first place and that even if I moved back home I’d have to pay half the rent when he stayed for his job because it was my fault.
I don’t know how to feel about this comment.
I feel blamed for being a god wife and I feel awful.
Please help me
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My husband makes me feel anxious. He is a type of man that loves being at his parents home and like home comfort. We have moved location due to work and it is in his interest to move especially as this move may help him get closer to his dream, and mine to be a housewife eventually.
We pay a lot more rent now. This move was a mutual agreement and our parents all agreed as well. The rent increase has also been bothering him.
However all he wants is to go back home.
We have argued and the other day I said I couldn’t take the arguing and his constant negativity and told him I will move back home by myself. He then proceeded to say to me that it was due to my fault and encouragement that we moved three hours away in the first place and that even if I moved back home I’d have to pay half the rent when he stayed for his job because it was my fault.
I don’t know how to feel about this comment.
I feel blamed for being a god wife and I feel awful.
Please help me

I personally don't see your fault in this since it was a mutual agreement to move to a different place. Anyway, let bygones be bygones. Rather than arguing, it would be better if you guys could calm yourselves down, come up with a solution, and do whatever you prefer as long as it's good for everyone. So try to do that. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending