The Student Room Group

Religious studies AQA grade boundaries

The grade boundaries for RS A* pre covid was from around 181-183. The year before that it was much lower under 170. Due to covid the boundary has gone down and it has really been in the 160-165 category. I am really scared for results because the boundary is so high 😭😭😭.

Do u think for 2023 it will go back to the high boundaries of 2019 or do u think that it could be a mixture in the 170+ category.

Tbh even for an A it is still very high when looking at pre covid 2019 boundaries.
Reply 1
Original post by Dodo2368852
The grade boundaries for RS A* pre covid was from around 181-183. The year before that it was much lower under 170. Due to covid the boundary has gone down and it has really been in the 160-165 category. I am really scared for results because the boundary is so high 😭😭😭.

Do u think for 2023 it will go back to the high boundaries of 2019 or do u think that it could be a mixture in the 170+ category.

Tbh even for an A it is still very high when looking at pre covid 2019 boundaries.

I think it’ll gradually increase, so it’ll probably go to around 170 ish.
I don't know if this helps, but I did look this up after finishing Religious Studies A-Level a few weeks ago. Apparently, the aim for this year is to return the grade boundaries to what they were like pre-COVID (potentially 2019) however, they are being slightly more lenient, acknowledging the disruption that we have had on our exams journey. Take that how you will; so I am guessing that around the 170 mark is probably a safe guess. It will not be as high as pre-COVID, but they are trying to simulate what it was like then, to return to some level of normality for next years A-Level students.
Best of luck, I am sure you will do fantastic :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest