The Student Room Group

LSE UCL and Cambridge geography

Hi everyone!

Im Geography applicant for LSE UCL and Cambridge this year. I got predicted 2A* A in geography biology and chemistry (A in chem). I might resit to get Chemistry to A* (hopefully). In GCSEs I got five 9s three 8s two 7s and a 6. Im wondering if my grades would be good enough to apply for these universities? Im quite worried because I see many people applying with 3A*s or more! In addition I don't have any amazing achievements or work experience I only have a few clubs and projects in school.
As long as your grades achieve the entry requirements of your desired courses, you'll have a solid chance of receiving an interview or even an offer from any uni. At this stage, your interview performance and personal statement matter more. There are numerous cases where applicants with lower grades received offers but people who excel at A-levels got rejected. Clearly stellar academics are not the only decisive factor in uni applications! Also, for any degree (except med & vet med), unis (even G5 ones) do not expect you to have work experience before, so no worries about that!
Original post by TF08060728
Hi everyone!

Im Geography applicant for LSE UCL and Cambridge this year. I got predicted 2A* A in geography biology and chemistry (A in chem). I might resit to get Chemistry to A* (hopefully). In GCSEs I got five 9s three 8s two 7s and a 6. Im wondering if my grades would be good enough to apply for these universities? Im quite worried because I see many people applying with 3A*s or more! In addition I don't have any amazing achievements or work experience I only have a few clubs and projects in school.

A*A*A meets or exceed the entry requirements for all three unis for geography to my knowledge. Geography is also, in general, not a hugely popular course, so competition is not going to be as high as other courses at those unis.

I don't see any reason or point in resitting chemistry. Maybe if you were applying to geology/earth sciences, but for geography I can't see why it would make a difference, you are already fine.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending