Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Official UCLan 2024 Applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi Everyone,

I've applied for the foundation entry in October with all my other deadlines, Is it normal not to get a confirmation email yet? I contacted the enquires team a few months ago? I'm guessing it is due to the application process and the deadline is the 31st of January? 🙂
I went to their open day in September too, I loved it!!

I have a DDD in Animal Management L3 City and Guilds with lots of work experience too!! Fingers crossed!! This is my ideal first option!!

Goodluck everyonee!!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 21
i have my midwifery interview next Saturday! Could you explain what i should expect?
the interview says its 7 hours long, Do you have any tips on what to wear for the day? don't want to turn up overdressed!
Reply 22
Original post by Mrshlc
i have my midwifery interview next Saturday! Could you explain what i should expect?
the interview says its 7 hours long, Do you have any tips on what to wear for the day? don't want to turn up overdressed!

I don't know a lot about the other questions but you may dress like if you are going to sixth form; smart suit/jumper/trousers/tie/dark shoes etc
Original post by Mrshlc

Hi there!

Congratulations on your interview!

I had to have interviews for my course at uni and I was thinking exactly the same thing!

I wore a pair of smart shoes (comfortable ones without a really high heel as it can be a long day!), a pair of smart pants and a blouse. The most important thing is that you look presentable and that you are comfortable!

Remember to try everything on and get it all out the night before so you have one less thing to worry about on the day! I hope this helps!

-Rebecca, 4th Year MBBS UCLan
Reply 24
Original post by UCLan Student
Hello everyone,

My name is Haya, and I am one of the international final year medical students in UCLan. I am happy to answer any of your medicine related questions.

I am also a student ambassador, so feel free to ask me about anything UCLAN.

I am based in Burnley Campus for my clinical placements, so feel free to ask me about any queries.

Best wishes,
Haya MBBS 5

Hello Haya,
My name is Yaqeen. I have applied to medicine as an international student and would love to know more about the program and how it’s going for you, especially clinical placements.
I’m anxiously waiting for an interview invite, would you mind sharing where you had yours and any tips for interview day.

Thank you,
Yaqeen
I am wondering if anyone knows dates for when either interviews or rejection emails will go out for Dental Therapy
Original post by Yaqeenaa
Hello Haya,
My name is Yaqeen. I have applied to medicine as an international student and would love to know more about the program and how it’s going for you, especially clinical placements.
I’m anxiously waiting for an interview invite, would you mind sharing where you had yours and any tips for interview day.

Thank you,
Yaqeen

Hello Yaqeen,

First, congratulations on receiving an invite for the interview! It is such a big step. Remember that the interview is more about your personality and your skills set so try your best to link your work and life experience when answering questions.Wear a formal outfit and have a good night sleep. Finally, remember that each station is marked individually so try to forget about the previous station when moving on to the next. I also always like to smile to my examiner 😀 I had mine in Allen Building.

I'm currently in my final year and from third year onwards, most of your learning experience happens on placement! Placement is really fun and you experience how it is like to be a doctor. In the Year 1 and 2 you will also attend placement which will be a nice as you will learn about different members of the multidisciplinary team (golden word in interview).

Best of luck,
Haya- MBBS 5
Original post by UCLan Student
Hello Yaqeen,

First, congratulations on receiving an invite for the interview! It is such a big step. Remember that the interview is more about your personality and your skills set so try your best to link your work and life experience when answering questions.Wear a formal outfit and have a good night sleep. Finally, remember that each station is marked individually so try to forget about the previous station when moving on to the next. I also always like to smile to my examiner 😀 I had mine in Allen Building.

I'm currently in my final year and from third year onwards, most of your learning experience happens on placement! Placement is really fun and you experience how it is like to be a doctor. In the Year 1 and 2 you will also attend placement which will be a nice as you will learn about different members of the multidisciplinary team (golden word in interview).

Best of luck,
Haya- MBBS 5

Hi haya,
Where were you placed during your 3-4-5th years, if that’s okay for you to share ?
I’ve heard that UCLan provides rural placements, though that can be exciting, it varies from person to person. What is your thought on this and how did you like your experience?
Original post by Anonymous #2
I am wondering if anyone knows dates for when either interviews or rejection emails will go out for Dental Therapy

Hi there, 😊

Thank you for your question, it's great to see that you are interested in our BSc (Hons) Dental Therapy course. Applicants should receive email updates from our admissions team in the first half of February 2024. If you have any questions about your application please feel free to contact one of our friendly team by email at [email protected]

I hope this helps. If you have any questions about the course or life here as a UCLan student I'd be happy to help.

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by Mrshlc

Hi @Mrshlc,

How are you? Amazing to hear that you have received an interview invite for our Midwifery course!

It's important that you dress smart for your interview but also do make sure you are comfortable. Don't worry, you aren't expected to wear a full suit but dressing professionally will help make a good first impression. On your interview invite email, you should have received a comprehensive guide which will have included the interview process. If you have any questions about your interview, please feel free to contact our admissions team by calling 01772 892444 and asking to speak to Admissions Team B.

Best of luck for your interview, 😊
Sarah
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi haya,
Where were you placed during your 3-4-5th years, if that’s okay for you to share ?
I’ve heard that UCLan provides rural placements, though that can be exciting, it varies from person to person. What is your thought on this and how did you like your experience?

Hello,

For my third, fourth, and fifth years I was placed in East Lancashire Hospital Trust (Blackburn and Burnley), I chose to live in Preston but I think more students are choosing to move to Burnley these days.

Some of my friends went for 1 out of the 3 years to Whitehaven for a more rural experience. I did not apply to go because I had other commitments in Preston.

From my experience, Royal Blackburn Hospital is a great hospital because its quite big, you get a varied experience.

Haya- MBBS 5
Are you considering University this year? 🎓

The UCAS deadline is fast approaching, apply before Wednesday 31 January 2024, 6pm.

We see you achieving great things at UCLan! 🌹

Let us know if you have any questions 😊
Reply 32
Original post by UCLan Ambassador

The UCAS deadline is fast approaching, apply before Wednesday 31 January 2024, 6pm.

For medicine can you still appt ?
Original post by shimul

Hi @shimul,

Thanks for your question. Great to hear that you are interested in studying medicine here at UCLan. 🌹

Please could you confirm if you are a UK or International applicant?

All the best,
Sarah
Reply 34
Original post by shimul

For home applicants no, if international you need to check the deadline
Applications for our MBBS course September 2024 entry are now closed for UK students.

For international students, the application deadline is Monday 15 July 2024, however we advise applying as early as possible so that we can process your application in good time.

Do let me know if you have any questions about the course or life here at UCLan.

All the best, 😊
Sarah
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by UCLan Ambassador

Will interviews be given out after the deadline?
Will interviews be given out after the deadline?

Hi Anon,

Thank you for your message. Once the UCAS deadline has passed, our admissions team will process applications and will be in touch as soon as possible with an update. Do make sure you keep checking your emails and UCAS Hub for updates.

If you are invited to an interview or audition you will be emailed with more details about how to book your place.

Best wishes, 😊
Sarah
(edited 3 months ago)
Is there a rough date for when emails will go out for interviews or rejection
Reply 39
Is there a rough date for when emails will go out for interviews or rejection

For which course? R u home or international?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending