The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN Campus

Hello! I have an unconditional offer from UCLAN, and I'm considering accepting. However the only accommodation I find appealing is Sandygate Halls, located on Burnley campus. The course I will be taking is situated on Preston campus though. Are the campuses located close together? If not what is the distance between the two?? Thanks.
Hello,

If your course is in Preston, definitely live in Preston !!! The campuses are approx 40 minutes away by train so I wouldn't recommend it. Preston is also a bigger city with more students !

There are really good accommodation options in Preston, have you checked IQ Kopa, Tramshed, Friargate ? There are also a few accommodations offered by UCLan.

Have a look at these links they might help:
https://www.accommodationforstudents.com/preston
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/accommodation

Let me know if you have more questions !

Haya - MBBS V
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi!

If your course is situated at Preston's campus then I would personally recommend Foundry Court! Here is the website if you want to look at it: https://wearehomesforstudents.com/student-accommodation/preston/foundry-court

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
That would be an awful commute! There's also far more to offer in Preston then Burnley!
Original post by tchloe_06
Hello! I have an unconditional offer from UCLAN, and I'm considering accepting. However the only accommodation I find appealing is Sandygate Halls, located on Burnley campus. The course I will be taking is situated on Preston campus though. Are the campuses located close together? If not what is the distance between the two?? Thanks.
Hi @tchloe_06,

Firstly, congratulations on your offer to study here at UCLan! Which course are you looking to study? 😊

Our Burnley and Preston campuses are about a 40 minute drive from each other. I would say that it would be far easier for you to live in Preston accommodation if your course is based on our Preston campus.

All new full-time students based at our Preston campus are guaranteed a room in halls which are all located close to classes, the library and only a small walk from the main high street. Have you had chance to view any of our accommodation options in person at an open day or on campus tour? This allows you to see the options available to our students.

If you have any questions about our accommodation options or life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help.

All the best,
Sarah
Congrats on your offer! Sandygate Halls offer a unique experience, but there's a distance between Burnley and Preston campuses. It's around 25 miles apart, so commuting might be a consideration. Research transportation options and weigh the pros and cons before making your decision. Good luck!
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @tchloe_06,
Firstly, congratulations on your offer to study here at UCLan! Which course are you looking to study? 😊
Our Burnley and Preston campuses are about a 40 minute drive from each other. I would say that it would be far easier for you to live in Preston accommodation if your course is based on our Preston campus.
All new full-time students based at our Preston campus are guaranteed a room in halls which are all located close to classes, the library and only a small walk from the main high street. Have you had chance to view any of our accommodation options in person at an open day or on campus tour? This allows you to see the options available to our students.
If you have any questions about our accommodation options or life here at UCLan, I'd be more than happy to help.
All the best,
Sarah

Can you tell me the ups and "downs" of studing MBBS at UCLAN ?

No, not really. The transport links are not great either. They look it, but they are not.

If your study is on the preston campus you're much better looking around preston. Is trinity still there?
Original post by Anonymous
Can you tell me the ups and "downs" of studing MBBS at UCLAN ?

Hi there!

I’m one of the current MBBS students so hopefully I can help!

I chose Uclan because of the early clinical contact that they offer! It meant that I was used to meeting patients right from the first week!

I also liked the teaching style - having a mix of online lectures and face to face workshops in pre-clincial worked really well for me.

I find at Uclan they are also really supportive! We have a central well-being team at the university as well as our own in-house well-being for the med school. Whilst studying on a degree like medicine, it’s nice to have these options available !

I hope this helps,
Rebecca - UCLan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending