The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

MBBS with Foundation uclan students

Hi,

Looking for students joining UCLan this September for the MBBS with Foundation year in the westlakes campus. Lets get in touch before we move.
Original post by abhinav_rana
Hi,

Looking for students joining UCLan this September for the MBBS with Foundation year in the westlakes campus. Lets get in touch before we move.

Hi there @abhinav_rana, 😊

Great to hear that you will be joining us in a few weeks to study MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry).

Do you have any questions about your course or life here at UCLan that I can help with?

Best wishes,
Sarah
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi there @abhinav_rana, 😊
Great to hear that you will be joining us in a few weeks to study MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry).
Do you have any questions about your course or life here at UCLan that I can help with?
Best wishes,
Sarah

Hi,
Does the MBBS foundation entry course require MMI and transferrable skills statement as well? Also, will the student be automatically progressed to MBBS year 1 after passing/completing the foundation year? I am a bit confused so I hope you could help me with that. Thank you.
Original post by violeno
Hi,
Does the MBBS foundation entry course require MMI and transferrable skills statement as well? Also, will the student be automatically progressed to MBBS year 1 after passing/completing the foundation year? I am a bit confused so I hope you could help me with that. Thank you.
Hi @violeno,

Thank you for your questions and it's great to see that you are interested in our MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry) course. This course does require both MMI and transferrable skills statement and students on this course will progression automatically after passing Year 0.

You can learn more about the course including modules and entry requirements here. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask 😊

All the best,
Sarah
Original post by abhinav_rana
Hi,
hi I think I will be going to uclan for the 6 year mbbs course starting in September 2024!
Original post by exampro238
hi I think I will be going to uclan for the 6 year mbbs course starting in September 2024!
Hi @exampro238, 😊

Brilliant to read that you are looking to study MBBS here at UCLan in September! Do you have any questions I can help with about the course or student life here?

Many thanks,
Laura
Original post by UCLan Ambassador
Hi @exampro238, 😊
Brilliant to read that you are looking to study MBBS here at UCLan in September! Do you have any questions I can help with about the course or student life here?
Many thanks,
Laura

is there a freshers week at westlakes?
Original post by exampro238
is there a freshers week at westlakes?
Hi @exampro238,

Great question! We offer various welcome activities for students who will be based at our Westlakes campus. Last year we held a welcome afternoon which involved various activities such as a treasure hunt and outdoor games.

We also have our Big Hello event which is usually based at Summergrove halls, students can get involved with various activities during this event and will have the chance to speak with some of the teams here at the university including the Students Union, Student Support & Wellbeing and the Careers Team as well as some external organisations who will be attending.

If you are starting with us this September, details around the welcome events will be sent to you closer to the time.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 😊

All the best,
Sarah
(edited 4 days ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending