The Student Room Group

Friends never message me first over the holiday

My best friends always reply to me when I text them over the holiday and when I ask how are you, they do ask me how I am back and we have a good chat. But what's kinda bothering me is that they never message me first asking about me- like if I don't message them for a few days, they don't message me themselves at all, it is always without fail me who ends up messaging them first.

It just makes me feel like maybe they don't care as much about me as I care about them, but then we are really good friends in person, and they do always reply to me very soon after I message them?

It's just frustrating cos I wanna keep in contact with them over the uni holidays, but I'm the one having to put in all the effort. I don't know, does anyone else's friends also do this? Should I talk to them about it?
Reply 1
You might have a legitimate concern. Do you see them in the break?

I can offer a take from the 'other side', as it were: I very rarely text. anybody first. Not because I don't love my mates. I do. I just don't need to be in their pocket and I get bored quickly with texts. I see them routinely every week though, so this is a significant factor in all this.

Mind you I have mates and even family I never text, too. I'm just not that into it.
(edited 8 months ago)
this exact thing is happening to me
Reply 3
They aren't friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending