The Student Room Group

What grade do I need on my final year to get a 2.1

Hi, basically my first year didn't count, my second year was worth 40 percent, I got a 60 in total. My last year worth 60 percent, what grade do I need to get a 2.1.

Also in my second year I did 150 credits instead of 120, this is why I'm struggling to work out what's the lowest grade I'll need for a 2.1
Original post by Mr revision
Hi, basically my first year didn't count, my second year was worth 40 percent, I got a 60 in total. My last year worth 60 percent, what grade do I need to get a 2.1.

Also in my second year I did 150 credits instead of 120, this is why I'm struggling to work out what's the lowest grade I'll need for a 2.1

Why did you do 150 credits in your second year? Were some of these because you needed to retake some modules from first year? Or were they all Level 5 credits? How many credits will you be doing in third year?

Unfortunately, without knowing the uni concerned, this is an impossible question to answer. Their regulations might say to use "the best 120 credits", "the average of all credits", or something else entirely.

All universities handle the calculation to establish your degree classification differently, unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending