The Student Room Group

Exception courses

I am currently studying a sport therapy degree (Inc foundation year). I have completed foundation year. I failed the second half of first year and had to retake it this year. I want to know whether or not once I finish my degree, what exception courses there are. I am interested in doing Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Nursing. My current university I don’t believe has these courses available. If I do an exception course, will the tuition fee/maintenance loan be given or will I not be eligible due to already studying. I’d like to change to a different course but I don’t believe I would have enough student finance to cover starting a new course from scratch as i am about to start year 2. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Original post by jaydeee22
I am currently studying a sport therapy degree (Inc foundation year). I have completed foundation year. I failed the second half of first year and had to retake it this year. I want to know whether or not once I finish my degree, what exception courses there are. I am interested in doing Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Nursing. My current university I don’t believe has these courses available. If I do an exception course, will the tuition fee/maintenance loan be given or will I not be eligible due to already studying. I’d like to change to a different course but I don’t believe I would have enough student finance to cover starting a new course from scratch as i am about to start year 2. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hi there,

Would the course lead to you becoming a veterinary surgeon?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Would the course lead to you becoming a veterinary surgeon?

Thanks, Clare

Hello Clare,

Yes I believe the course would.
Hello Clare,

Yes I believe the course would.

Hi there,

Would this be Full or Part time study?

Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there,

Would this be Full or Part time study?

Thanks, Angela

Hello Clare,

full time study.

thank you
Hello Clare,

full time study.

thank you

Hi there, You would be eligible for funding as the course is classed as an exception course. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending