The Student Room Group
London College of Fashion. Or Central St Martins.
Reply 2
DMU is supposed to be quite good. check it out.
Reply 3
thanks for the comment. but i want to b in london. but DMU is in Leicester.
I heard london college of fashion is good but what about university of Arts london?
If someone can say some words about +/- sides of University of arts and london college of fashion. Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
tapash
thanks for the comment. but i want to b in london. but DMU is in Leicester.
I heard london college of fashion is good but what about university of Arts london?
If someone can say some words about +/- sides of University of arts and london college of fashion. Thanks in advance.

I'm going to be incredibly biased and suggest Central Saint Martins. The BA/MA Fashion courses offered by the college are internationally recognized by the fashion industry and have consistently produced some of the most prolific fashion designers over the past few decades. It's worth noting that a quarter of the designers showcasing at both the London and Milan Fashion Week this year were students from CSM. I studied the BA (Hons) Fashion, and found the course incredibly useful, both in terms of my development as a designer and to establish the contacts I did. I simply wouldn't be working where I am, or was, if it weren't for the course. However, like many of the courses at CSM, it does require self initiative and passion. You have to love it to get the most out of the course.

The London College of Fashion is definitely worth considering, too, and offer multiple courses that specialize in certain areas of Fashion Design, all of which have produced some excellent graduates. I couldn't comment personally, however, and have admittedly heard mixed experiences, good and bad about some of the courses at LCF. The same can also be said for CSM, though, this is why it's important to choose the right course for you.

The University of the Arts London (UAL) is the umbrella university for both Central Saint Martins and the London College of Fashion. Both colleges are part of the university.

Incidentally, I'll also recommend the University of Westminster. In recent years the fashion course at Westminster has really taken a stage of its own. I could go on and on about the strengths and differences between Westminster and CSM/LCF, but I won't. I've typed too much, anyway.

Hopefully I've given an insight that has made things somewhat clearer. If you want any clarification of what I've stated, or wish to ask any further questions, be assured to post. :smile:
Reply 5
Matisse
I'm going to be incredibly biased and suggest Central Saint Martins. The BA/MA Fashion courses offered by the college are internationally recognized by the fashion industry and have consistently produced some of the most prolific fashion designers over the past few decades. It's worth noting that a quarter of the designers showcasing at both the London and Milan Fashion Week this year were students from CSM. I studied the BA (Hons) Fashion, and found the course incredibly useful, both in terms of my development as a designer and to establish the contacts I did. I simply wouldn't be working where I am, or was, if it weren't for the course. However, like many of the courses at CSM, it does require self initiative and passion. You have to love it to get the most out of the course.

The London College of Fashion is definitely worth considering, too, and offer multiple courses that specialize in certain areas of Fashion Design, all of which have produced some excellent graduates. I couldn't comment personally, however, and have admittedly heard mixed experiences, good and bad about some of the courses at LCF. The same can also be said for CSM, though, this is why it's important to choose the right course for you.

The University of the Arts London (UAL) is the umbrella university for both Central Saint Martins and the London College of Fashion. Both colleges are part of the university.

Incidentally, I'll also recommend the University of Westminster. In recent years the fashion course at Westminster has really taken a stage of its own. I could go on and on about the strengths and differences between Westminster and CSM/LCF, but I won't. I've typed too much, anyway.

Hopefully I've given an insight that has made things somewhat clearer. If you want any clarification of what I've stated, or wish to ask any further questions, be assured to post. :smile:

Thanks Matisse for your help. Its really great. I think i need to chose the subject and as soon as i decide i'll get in touch with you. But i really appreciate for above suggestion.
Reply 6
tapash
Thanks Matisse for your help. Its really great. I think i need to chose the subject and as soon as i decide i'll get in touch with you. But i really appreciate for above suggestion.

No problem. Glad to have helped in some way. :smile:

Latest