The Student Room Group

open university

So my brother is thinking of doing a BsC honours in accounting and finance with the open university. And he passes his level 2 in public services at college. But he failed his english and maths gcse. But that was due to some circumstances. If he does the degree and becomes an accountant will employers employ him as he hasnt passes his gcse maths and english language.
He should definitely retake GCSE maths and english, or at least some level 2 equivalent, because I doubt any accountancy/finance employer would take on an employee without that. Many colleges offer some equivalent to this, I would recommend emailing his current college and seeing what they offer.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by Rowanthepotato
He should definitely retake GCSE maths and english, or at least some level 2 equivalent, because I doubt any accountancy/finance employer would take on an employee without that. Many colleges offer some equivalent to this, I would recommend emailing his current college and seeing what they offer.

Good luck! :smile:

heyy he finished college a few yrs ago but hes thinking of a degree he does have a level 2 qualification in public services. But like whatever jobs i have seen and searched for right now all require just a degree and dont ask about gcses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending