The Student Room Group

UCAS points...HELP

I am hoping to start a midwifery course in September. This will be my second degree and i wanted to know if my A-level results that i gained over 10 years ago will be added to my ucas points? I have completed a access to heath course in midwifery and i have worked out i am 2 points shy of the minimum tariff points needed, if my A-levels are included then i know i will have enough points to meet the entry requirements.
I hope this makes sense?
It isnt likely they will add both together. The access course is where you were expected to gain your points.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
It isnt likely they will add both together. The access course is where you were expected to gain your points.

Thanks, I suppose i will just have to wait and see.
Have you spoken to them to check they’ve received your Access results and if so when they expect to make a decision.

If you ring them up you can ask them whether your tariff points from your A levels can be counted towards your offer conditions.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you spoken to them to check they’ve received your Access results and if so when they expect to make a decision.

If you ring them up you can ask them whether your tariff points from your A levels can be counted towards your offer conditions.

I haven't called the university or ucas yet as i though i just had to wait?
I will definitely give them a call tomorrow. Thank you for your advice. Just really hope my A levels can be put towards the UCAS points i need. Ill be gutted if i dont get in by 2 points :frown:
Hi,

I would definitely advise you to call up the University you are interested in as they will be able to let you know what they would accept through clearing and be able to give you further advice on your options.

Best wishes,
Dafydd
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi,

I would definitely advise you to call up the University you are interested in as they will be able to let you know what they would accept through clearing and be able to give you further advice on your options.

Best wishes,
Dafydd

OP is talking about their firm offer
Clearing isn't part of this. Clearing is for applicants who don't have a place.
Reply 7
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I managed to get in touch with the university today and they said that my Alevels will be included. Therefore I can combine my access course points and alevels which will get me more than enough points to get accepted into the course! 🙏🏻
Original post by Hogg89
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I managed to get in touch with the university today and they said that my Alevels will be included. Therefore I can combine my access course points and alevels which will get me more than enough points to get accepted into the course! 🙏🏻

That's great - if you took your A levels a while ago they might need you to send through scans/photos of your certificates to confirm your grades :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
That's great - if you took your A levels a while ago they might need you to send through scans/photos of your certificates to confirm your grades :smile:

Yes they asked me to send over the certificates 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending