The Student Room Group

Maths Notes?

I'm about to move into Year 9, should I be writing notes on the past two years of maths content? I have a textbook already with some summarised explanations at the end of each topic, I think writing notes might be helpful for the future, but very time consuming..
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10
I'm about to move into Year 9, should I be writing notes on the past two years of maths content? I have a textbook already with some summarised explanations at the end of each topic, I think writing notes might be helpful for the future, but very time consuming..

For maths, practice is the best way to improve. If you find a topic, that you're weak in or feel like you'll forget quickly, you can make some brief notes on it in a way you understand.
Apart from that, I think the best you can do is a bit of practice, maybe have a look at some previous worksheets from your old exercise books or search up some practice questions to do. Corbett maths and maths genie are quite good for this.
Reply 2
Original post by FlyingSquirrel10

If you don't feel as though realistically you will be referring to your notes then I wouldn't suggest it. There are a ton of resources at your disposal for maths so if you are worried about forgetting a certain topic, maybe save some useful videos you can revisit in the future.
Original post by *LifeHappens*
For maths, practice is the best way to improve. If you find a topic, that you're weak in or feel like you'll forget quickly, you can make some brief notes on it in a way you understand.Ye
Apart from that, I think the best you can do is a bit of practice, maybe have a look at some previous worksheets from your old exercise books or search up some practice questions to do. Corbett maths and maths genie are quite good for this.

Yeah, I think I'm going to instead spend my time just practicing questions from textbooks.
Original post by vio19
If you don't feel as though realistically you will be referring to your notes then I wouldn't suggest it. There are a ton of resources at your disposal for maths so if you are worried about forgetting a certain topic, maybe save some useful videos you can revisit in the future.

Thank you, I will.

Quick Reply

Latest