The Student Room Group

praying Muslim who’s struggling with sleep

Hi everyone, I am a Muslim who began praying during Ramadan. I have been beginning to struggle however with prayers like fajr as it’s very early and isha now due to how late it’s getting as I’m a sixth form student so I tend to sleep for 10pm and wake up for 6am for school but due to isha going to 10:40pm at the moment for my area I have become very tired during the day and lack energy to do revision for exams or for much in general and I am someone who tends to be very hard working and revise on a daily scale. Any tips or help on how to work around it as it’s really affecting me especially isha now?
Original post by Hailey629
Hi everyone, I am a Muslim who began praying during Ramadan. I have been beginning to struggle however with prayers like fajr as it’s very early and isha now due to how late it’s getting as I’m a sixth form student so I tend to sleep for 10pm and wake up for 6am for school but due to isha going to 10:40pm at the moment for my area I have become very tired during the day and lack energy to do revision for exams or for much in general and I am someone who tends to be very hard working and revise on a daily scale. Any tips or help on how to work around it as it’s really affecting me especially isha now?

Ever considered reading short cut rakats of prayers.
Reply 2

You could take the opinion from the link provided below... you may pray Isha' just before Fajr time. This wouldn't be disliked as you are praying alone, and due to your studies may have another layer of excuse.

https://seekersguidance.org/answers/hanafi-fiqh/when-does-isha-time-end-and-is-it-disliked-to-pray-it-after-midnight/

Excuse me for any errors.
Reply 3
I’m a final year Muslim medic looking for marriage - Pakistani/Punjabi - anybody interested ?
Reply 4

As you just started praying, may Allaah reward you, it may begin difficult but you will get used to it as you carry on in shaa Allaah. I also started taking my salaah seriously in sixth form once I understood the importance and value of it. Once we understand the importance of salaah, then we should be afraid to miss it even if it means with sacrifice. We should understand that studies is not a valid excuse to abandon and be negligent with regard to our prayers. Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “No prayer is more burdensome to the hypocrites than the fajr and 'ishaa prayer. If they knew the blessing in them, they would come even if they had to crawl.” [Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 626, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 65]. Just remember that the short summer that you sacrifice a bit of your sleep is in pursuit of entering Jannah forever, in which Allaah has prepared for his righteous servants "that which no eye has seen and no ear has heard and it has not occurred to the heart of anyone” [Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 7498] Is this really worth missing out on for some lowly exam?

As for practical advice then I suggest taking a short nap after school as well as watching your diet; eat healthy food that will give you energy throughout the day. I was in a similar situation to you and I understand that it may be hard to wake up for fajr then go back to sleep but trust me it becomes easy after a while. May Allaah give you the strength.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending