The Student Room Group

Results day insecurity

I’ve already confirmed my place at university, I didn’t get the results I wanted last year but still made it anyway. I got ABBBC last year. I’m starting neuroscience in September but I can’t help but feel like I don’t deserve to be there. I love biology and chemistry but I did mediocre in both.
I got a C in higher chemistry last year, resat it this year and still got a C. It is so embarrassing. I got a B at human higher biology and a C at advanced higher. I just feel like im going to go to university and be so completely out of my depth.
(edited 8 months ago)
If they accept you, you should be fine. They don’t allow people to enroll unless they have confidence someone can do well.

University education is different to school, to do well the emphasis is more on the student to engage rather then having i forced onto you like in school. If you are passionate for your subject & motivated to do well you should be fine.
Original post by Miahmcg1601
I’ve already confirmed my place at university, I didn’t get the results I wanted last year but still made it anyway. I got ABBBC last year. I’m starting neuroscience in September but I can’t help but feel like I don’t deserve to be there. I love biology and chemistry but I did mediocre in both.
I got a C in higher chemistry last year, resat it this year and still got a C. It is so embarrassing. I got a B at human higher biology and a C at advanced higher. I just feel like im going to go to university and be so completely out of my depth.

Hi @Miahmcg1601,
Sorry to hear that you have been knocked and unsettled by results. I know it is hard to listen to but do remember that your grades do not define you and often do not recognise all the hard work you will have put in.
Congratulations on your place at Uni. Getting an offer from universities is not easy and they will have seen something in you. Don't fret about being out of your depth - no matter what grades people have - mostly everyone has doubts starting uni.
You said you love the subjects and that passion will do you well at uni. Don't let your grades make you feel down, try and look forward and embrace the next step of starting uni. Take all the feedback on offer during your studies and have a great time.
Best wishes - Catherine (University of Strathclyde Student Ambassador)
You should be so proud of yourself, hopefully you quickly start to recognise just how much you deserve this place.

As a new Yr13 student who is considering Neuroscience at UCL, do you think you could tell me what your first few sentences in your personal statement was about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending