The Student Room Group

Which A-level result are you most proud of?

You've finally got your results in your hands after weeks of waiting and we want to know which result you're extra proud of!

This is your space to celebrate your achievement, so post in the thread using the format Subject - Grade
For example:
Physics - C

Let everyone know why you're especially proud of that grade and what you plan to do next!

#BeResultsProud
(edited 8 months ago)

:tsr: invites you to #BeResultsProud this year. Please share this hashtag all over social media. If you wish, tag The Student Room too (find the handles at the bottom of the page). Find out more about this campaign here.
I'm finding this one hard to choose. :s-smilie:

I'd probably have to go with Maths. It was my best grade and it's definitely the one I spent the most time on because there were SO MANY past papers.
I really struggled to get my head around advanced differentiation, integration and trig (especially when they combined) and I'm sure I still don't understand it properly now.
Original post by 04MR17
I'm finding this one hard to choose. :s-smilie:

I'd probably have to go with Maths. It was my best grade and it's definitely the one I spent the most time on because there were SO MANY past papers.
I really struggled to get my head around advanced differentiation, integration and trig (especially when they combined) and I'm sure I still don't understand it properly now.

It's so nice when all the hard work pays off! My A-levels were a bit of a flop overall, but it didn't hold me back. I used to get sent to another school to do my English Language course and it was a very different place. My school had a bad reputation and the whole two years I was at the other school the kids would make constant jokes about nailing down the tables and chairs so I didn't steal them etc. With that in mind, I was pretty proud of my C grade :smile:
I got ABB but i'm most proud of my B in history, I ended year 12 with a D and by the January mocks in year 13 I was on a C. so I definitely had to work for the B and i'm so happy i managed to get it in the end :smile:
My grades weren't anywhere near as good as I would've like (BCD vs predicted ACB, in computer science, maths and physics respectively).

That said, I am proud of the maths grade. Maths A level has been extremely difficult. I've kind of hated it. I've been struggling these last 2 years in general, not just with academic things, so I'm happy with myself I managed to achieve a C in maths, I got an E/D in my year 13 mock. I revised non stop from April through June so I've tried my best, even if the grades weren't the best. (Big drop from a GCSE full of 7 8 and 9's, but it is what it is).

Anyway, I'm studying music now so I'm pleased to say I can put maths behind me.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by wkathryn17
I got ABB but i'm most proud of my B in history, I ended year 12 with a D and by the January mocks in year 13 I was on a C. so I definitely had to work for the B and i'm so happy i managed to get it in the end :smile:

It's so cool that you're able to see the results of your hard work in such a concrete way! Congratulations on your B grade - what's next for you?

Original post by ArcusActivate
My grades weren't anywhere near as good as I would've like (BCD vs predicted ACB, in computer science, maths and physics respectively).

That said, I am proud of the maths grade. Maths A level has been extremely difficult. I've kind of hated it. I've been struggling these last 2 years in general, not just with academic things, so I'm happy with myself I managed to achieve a C in maths, I got an E/D in my year 13 mock. I revised non stop from April through June so I've tried my best, even if the grades weren't the best. (Big drop from a GCSE full of 7 8 and 9's, but it is what it is).

Anyway, I'm studying music now so I'm pleased to say I can put maths behind me.

It's a long time to study something you're really not enjoying, so I think you did amazingly. Especially if you had other life stuff to deal with at the same time. Well done!

Quick Reply

Latest