The Student Room Group

I think i have been love bombed and ghosted

So I started dating a guy I met online and things were going really well for 3 and a half weeks. Things were very intense but i thought it was just because he really liked me. He claimed to have deleted his dating apps 2 days after we started talking because he liked me so much, we were literally talking all day every day with multiple phone calls a day as well and he was always giving compliments and talking about how much he adored me. We even got as far as scheduling a meet up next weekend in which i bought train tickets has he lives a few hours away. On monday we talked all day as normal and facetimed as well until we went to sleep, he even mentioned how if things worked out we could maybe take a trip to Paris next year. Then on Tuesday morning before he went to work he messaged "good morning xx" and i messaged back around 10 minutes later and it was left unopened, i didnt think anything of it since he was at work and though he usually texted at work i never expected him to so i never followed up, it got to the evening and i still heard nothing but again i was trying to not think the worst, i knew the team he supported was playing a match that night as well. The next morning i had still heard nothing so i sent him a simple whats up message. Again it was left unopened and it wasnt until wednesday night that I messaged again and said a message to the effect that i didnt mind if he wanted time to himself but i wish he wouldve communicated it with me, again left unopened. So the next morning I decided to text as one last lifeline, as a text would actually show the message on his phone, so i just said that idk what was wrong but i needed to get a refund on my train tickets if he wasn't interested so just let me know. Again he did not respond however when i went onto instagram i saw that he had blocked me on his business account. Not his personal account or snapchat or anything but just his business account which i found really weird. I haven't messaged him again since as i dont want to chase him around but i'm just not entitely sure whats happened
Reply 1
Sounds like it got a bit too intense in advance of even meeting and he’s changed his mind. There’s no guarantee of decent treatment from someone you know so little about. Dating is full of setbacks - rejections, one’s that get away, one’s that are initially keen and then go cold. You just have to take a bit of learning from each and eventually something good and reliable does come up. I would cancel the ticket and leave the ball firmly in his court

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending