The Student Room Group

student finance

I would like to ask , because have failed 5 of 6 modules in my first year in case my university ask me to withdraw due to academic failure what other options i have ( i used student finance for my foundation preparation year and for my failed first year ) Can I apply for student finance for another course at another university? Or at least Can I apply for vocational studies?
Original post by jimmy448
I would like to ask , because have failed 5 of 6 modules in my first year in case my university ask me to withdraw due to academic failure what other options i have ( i used student finance for my foundation preparation year and for my failed first year ) Can I apply for student finance for another course at another university? Or at least Can I apply for vocational studies?

Hi Jimmy,

Can you confirm what course you're looking to study now and university? Would this be full time or part time course? Was your previous study full time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Jimmy,

Can you confirm what course you're looking to study now and university? Would this be full time or part time course? Was your previous study full time?

Thanks,
Claire

Hi, and many thanks for your reply The previous course was full time. i would prefer to continue full time course
Hi there,

We calculate your future entitlement as follows: Course length + 1 year - previous study = entitlement. Therefore, if you were to begin a new 3-year course for example and have 2 years of previous study, the calculation would be 3+1-2= 2 years. This means that you will be fully funded for year 2 and 3 of the 3-year course, however for the first, year you will need to self-fund your tuition fees as you will only receive the Maintenance Loan and supplementary grants if applicable.

If you have Compelling Personal Reasons for not completing your previous course(s), you can apply for an additional year of Tuition Fee Loan if you are able to provide evidence to confirm that. We can accept a letter from your GP and/or University at the time that confirms what happened, how this affected your studies and when. This evidence must be on headed paper and signed and dated.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending