The Student Room Group

What should I be when I’m older???

I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up I don’t like know what interests me and I’m going to year 9 this year and I don’t know what to pick for my gcse options can you pls help i am a boy
As someone who is going into year 11, I'll tell you this- you definitely don't need to know. spend the year considering the options and really thinking about what you enjoy, but if you are really at a loss at the end of it, pick options that will keep things open. i am doing a-levels and still don't really know what I want to do- and that's fine!
Reply 2
Original post by aryc_30
I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up I don’t like know what interests me and I’m going to year 9 this year and I don’t know what to pick for my gcse options can you pls help i am a boy

There are different things to consider when choosing your GCSEs. One of these is knowing which subjects will allow you to progress towards your chosen career. Another is knowing what will allow you to take specific further education courses or qualifications. If you plan to visit countries that speak a language on offer then that could be an incentive to take that subject.

What I think is more beneficial for you is thinking about what subjects you enjoy and/or which ones you find easier. I took this approach to be honest because I didn’t know what I wanted to do either! You could even list the pros and cons for each subject and use that as a guide for choosing which ones to pick.

What subjects are on offer at your school and what subjects have you found enjoyable so far in KS3?
Original post by aryc_30

I had no idea what I wanted to do when I was in Year 9, so I just picked subjects that I enjoyed. I am now in going into Year 13, and I can say that I don't regret the options I took then, and one of them I have continued onto A-level (geography). I also do RS and biology but both of those were mandatory at GCSE. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest