The Student Room Group

changing uni choice

hey i firmed a uni (no insurance) but i’m not sure if i wanna go there anymore. will i need to go through clearing or should i send another application but late? thankyou
Reply 1
Original post by romeeoo
hey i firmed a uni (no insurance) but i’m not sure if i wanna go there anymore. will i need to go through clearing or should i send another application but late? thankyou

This is why you don't rush your choices.

If this was less than 14 days ago, you're in a cooling off period, so call UCAS anytime after 8:30 on Tuesday (because they're closed for Easter) and change your reply.

If it's more than 14 days, there's still a possibility, but it will be a slightly more long winded process (which relies on the goodwill of your universities). You'll need to call them.

If that doesn't give a desirable outcome, extra is still an option. Don't bank on clearing and definitely don't try to submit an entriely fresh application, it'll get cancelled by UCAS straight away.

Make sure you pick a university that you are certain you'll be happy going to.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
This is why you don't rush your choices.
If this was less than 14 days ago, you're in a cooling off period, so call UCAS anytime after 8:30 on Tuesday (because they're closed for Easter) and change your reply.
If it's more than 14 days, there's still a possibility, but it will be a slightly more long winded process (which relies on the goodwill of your universities). You'll need to call them.
If that doesn't give a desirable outcome, extra is still an option. Don't bank on clearing and definitely don't try to submit an entriely fresh application, it'll get cancelled by UCAS straight away.
Make sure you pick a university that you are certain you'll be happy going to.

thanku sm! i didnt rush into my choice it’s just all the accommodation prices r so high n i’m just worried about being able to afford n jus wanted to see if changing is an option lmao; prob going to stick with my firm but yea very extortionate pricing.
Original post by romeeoo
thanku sm! i didnt rush into my choice it’s just all the accommodation prices r so high n i’m just worried about being able to afford n jus wanted to see if changing is an option lmao; prob going to stick with my firm but yea very extortionate pricing.

You don’t have to stay in halls. You can always look for a room in a shared house/flat instead.

Although the weekly rents are lower the bills and tenancy can make it similar in some cases.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
You don’t have to stay in halls. You can always look for a room in a shared house/flat instead.

i guess but i stress alot over travelling n id be moving across the country n id rather just stay on campus n get to know the area before having to figure out travelling by myself lmao. sounds pathetic but i stress so much 😞 it’s like 8.5k for 39 weeks in halls. plus idk how to meet people whod want to share w me as i dont know anyone going there
Original post by romeeoo

Hey, I’m in a similar position to you. I firmed recently and put an insurance but now I think I want to change my insurance to firm. I also am doing it largely due to finance, I feel a bit stupid tbh cuz I should’ve waited for my student finance and stuff before firming but I was told it would be “smart” to firm now to get good accommodation before it all goes. Anyways, I’m planning to call on Tuesday and hopefully get it all sorted.Best of luck to you.
Reply 6
Original post by Academicweapon5
Hey, I’m in a similar position to you. I firmed recently and put an insurance but now I think I want to change my insurance to firm. I also am doing it largely due to finance, I feel a bit stupid tbh cuz I should’ve waited for my student finance and stuff before firming but I was told it would be “smart” to firm now to get good accommodation before it all goes. Anyways, I’m planning to call on Tuesday and hopefully get it all sorted.Best of luck to you.

ah goodluck! i’m prob sticking with my firm i jus posted this to see if it was an option :smile: which uni r u changing from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending