The Student Room Group

Changing degrees to a new one - student finance

Hi, so basically I used to study fashion in college but decided to take on a completely different path in uni: Psychology. However, recently I decided I want to go back to study fashion and I'm planning to apply this year and get in 2024-2025. I have currently just finished my foundation year, and will start the first year now in my current course. Do i need to drop out this year for student finance to cover the whole fashion degree of 3 years? Or can i drop out mid first year?
Original post by aqualilith
Hi, so basically I used to study fashion in college but decided to take on a completely different path in uni: Psychology. However, recently I decided I want to go back to study fashion and I'm planning to apply this year and get in 2024-2025. I have currently just finished my foundation year, and will start the first year now in my current course. Do i need to drop out this year for student finance to cover the whole fashion degree of 3 years? Or can i drop out mid first year?

Hi there,

How long will your new course be? How many years previous study have you done?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

How long will your new course be? How many years previous study have you done?

Thanks,
Claire

Hiyaa, I just finished my foundation (1 year) and the new course is 3 years
Original post by aqualilith
Hiyaa, I just finished my foundation (1 year) and the new course is 3 years

If you have no other previous study then you should still have enough years to cover your new course. If you wish to cancel this years application 23/24, you can do this online in your account if your course hasn't started. Click on your application, change my application and cancel. You would then reapply for 24/25 when applications open.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending