The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings college or Bristol

Checking for my daughter. Which Uni would be preferred Kings or Bristol for PPE.
Cost of living is high in London. But if we take that out if consideration does one Uni better then other ? Kindly share.
Reply 1
My son has offer from KCL, Southampton and Birmingham. We are still waiting for Bristol though. This is for Computer Science. We are going for KCL as firm choice and Southampton as insurance. Whilst Bristol is still awaited but we aren't going there. Yes London cost is high but we/he are of view that he lives in campus for one year then do a commute from home from second year onwards (of course a lot will change in a year time and he will have a lot of learning and our decision as such might change as well). Just to let you know that we have frequent train service to London and KCL will be about 1hr15min to 1hr30min end to end from our home and train frequency is every 15 minutes whilst it might cost us approx £400-£500 per month on commute by train but still much reasonable from high cost of living in London if you stay there.

Let's see.

I don't know if I have answered your question or not but this is our position
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by subodhr
My son has offer from KCL, Southampton and Birmingham. We are still waiting for Bristol though. This is for Computer Science. We are going for KCL as firm choice and Southampton as insurance. Whilst Bristol is still awaited but we aren't going there. Yes London cost is high but we/he are of view that he lives in campus for one year then do a commute from home from second year onwards (of course a lot will change in a year time and he will have a lot of learning and our decision as such might change as well). Just to let you know that we have frequent train service to London and KCL will be about 1hr15min to 1hr30min end to end from our home and train frequency is every 15 minutes whilst it might cost us approx £400-£500 per month on commute by train but still much reasonable from high cost of living in London if you stay there.
Let's see.
I don't know if I have answered your question or not but this is our position

Many thanks for your inputs.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Checking for my daughter. Which Uni would be preferred Kings or Bristol for PPE.
Cost of living is high in London. But if we take that out if consideration does one Uni better then other ? Kindly share.

Wouldn’t that be for your daughter to decide?
Reply 4
Personally I would look up the subject and see which university is best for that subject.
Reply 5
Bristol doesn't teach PPE!
At Bristol, you can do a degree in any one or two of those individual subjects, Philosophy, Politics, Economics, but not a combination of all 3.

Universities with highest entry requirements for PPE:
UCL
Oxford
Durham, LSE, Nottingham, Warwick
Edinburgh
Queen's University Belfast, Exeter, Manchester, Sheffield, York

King's College London can be rather leftist so it requires lower grades from international students than all those universities yet requires the same grades as the top 3 tiers from UK students.
(edited 4 days ago)

Quick Reply

Latest