The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Does anyone know how I can apply for clearing at University of Nottingham?

I am an international student and have my results but I don’t really understand the process. Can someone please help? I went on their website and did the clearing inquiry form for international students but would it be better if I just called them? I tried to call the number they had for home students who wanted to apply for clearing but it didn’t work for some reason.
Original post by bunnywhale
I am an international student and have my results but I don’t really understand the process. Can someone please help? I went on their website and did the clearing inquiry form for international students but would it be better if I just called them? I tried to call the number they had for home students who wanted to apply for clearing but it didn’t work for some reason.

Nottingham's step-by-step Clearing guide for international students is here. For international students they recommend using their enquiry form, which is sounds like what you've done.

I suspect they don't suggest calling them due to the cost of doing so from overseas. The number that ask UK Clearing applicants to call is an 0330 number. These are numbers which aren't tied to a specific location in the UK, but are charged as if they were. (So it's not a "freephone" number or a "premium rate" number.) However the fact that it's a little non-standard (i.e. it's not an 0115 number which "normal" Nottingham numbers would be) might be what's causing the issue. Some 0330 numbers can accept calls from outside the UK and some cannot. I assume you were dialing +44 330 041 5590 (where + represents whatever you need to dial to place an international call, often 00)?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
It may also be that the clearing hotline isn't geared up to consider international quals, (more of a job for experienced admissions staff, clearing hotline may be temps). So I would await a response from the form.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending