The Student Room Group

Do Our Advanced Higher Grades Affect Our Employability Chances?

I have very strict Indian parents who expect me to get straight A's, I did manage to get that for 6 highers in S5, but sadly ended up get a C for AH Biology this year. I got a B for AH Maths and AH Physics.
I got into the University Of Glasgow For An MENG In Mechatronics.

However my parents are dissapointed in the C I got this year and told me that it's over for me, it will be extremely difficult to get a job in the future and apparently the employers will be put off when the first thing they see will be this C.
My parents are quite educated and went to private schools in India and always boast about the fact that they got no less than 90% in any tests and that the boundary for an A for them was 90%. They decided to google the boundary for a C for the SQA and got a rought idea that it's about 50%, my dad was like... "So you only answered half the paper?"
But I feel that our exams are way tougher (but Idk)

Anyways advice would be great, could this grade affect me since I already got in to UNI for an MENG

Thanks
Reply 1
Yes, employers might be put off, but no point in crying over spilt milk
Reply 2
(Original post by Anonymous)Yes, employers might be put off, but no point in crying over spilt milk

I couldn't finish typing what I was typing. Anyways

"Yes, employers might be put off, but no point in crying over spilt milk" is what all my "IRL" friends have telling me, which I don't even know what to do about it. I guess there is nothing else I can do.

But I'm sure our Uni grades are more important right?
Tbh if you already got into Glasgow-a really prestigious Uni and got 6a's at higher-I doubt employers will care much about your advanced higher.

Quick Reply

Latest