The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi, so I've already done a few months at uni in the past and dropped out so I know that's a year of student finance gone. I'm returning in September to study a different course which is 4 years with a foundation year included. I know student finance covers the length of your course +1year so I'd only have the length of my course but I was wondering if this would still work if I transferred to a different uni after my foundation year?
Original post by AE1106
Hi, so I've already done a few months at uni in the past and dropped out so I know that's a year of student finance gone. I'm returning in September to study a different course which is 4 years with a foundation year included. I know student finance covers the length of your course +1year so I'd only have the length of my course but I was wondering if this would still work if I transferred to a different uni after my foundation year?

Hi there, What is the total length of your course? What is the course nae and what university are you attending? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
The course will be 4 years with a foundation year included and it's psychology at Leeds trinity university.
Original post by AE1106
The course will be 4 years with a foundation year included and it's psychology at Leeds trinity university.

Hi there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. If your new course is 4 years and you have only done 1 years previously, this would be counted as your additional year you have used up. This means you would still have 4 years of finance.

What course would you be looking to change to after the foundation year? How long would it be?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
I'm still wanting to do psychology after my foundation year but just at a different university and it will be 3 years.
Original post by AE1106
I'm still wanting to do psychology after my foundation year but just at a different university and it will be 3 years.

Hi there, If you transfer to the new course you would not be eligible for the Tuition Fee funding in Year 1. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending