The Student Room Group

Concord college syllabus

Hi, I'm starting sixth form soon in concord and was wondering what textbooks they use for Biology, chemistry, economics and maths. If anyone could let me know what textbooks and assessment books to buy, that will be of great help. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by J_exploration
Hi, I'm starting sixth form soon in concord and was wondering what textbooks they use for Biology, chemistry, economics and maths. If anyone could let me know what textbooks and assessment books to buy, that will be of great help. Thank you!

I only know about chemistry (we use the ones that look like these: ISBN = 0198351976), but I wouldn't rush to buy any. Depending on your teacher you might never actually use your textbook in class. Also, you probably will be able to pick up an almost new 2nd-hand copy in the first week.

If you're desperate to know what books your other subjects use, I can find out for you.
Reply 2
Original post by Pigster
I only know about chemistry (we use the ones that look like these: ISBN = 0198351976), but I wouldn't rush to buy any. Depending on your teacher you might never actually use your textbook in class. Also, you probably will be able to pick up an almost new 2nd-hand copy in the first week.

If you're desperate to know what books your other subjects use, I can find out for you.

Yes please! I'm wld like to buy the books or at the very least get the online version to look through first to put myself at peace of mind, so if you are able to find out the other subjects, that will be very helpful. Could I ask does concord sell the brand new books as well at the start of the school term? Although I understand the teachers might just end up using notes, I prefer to have a textbook to annotate on. Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by J_exploration
Yes please! I'm wld like to buy the books or at the very least get the online version to look through first to put myself at peace of mind, so if you are able to find out the other subjects, that will be very helpful. Could I ask does concord sell the brand new books as well at the start of the school term? Although I understand the teachers might just end up using notes, I prefer to have a textbook to annotate on. Thank you!

All the textbooks are available (I believe at cost price) for all subjects.

I don't think it would be too advisable to try to buy them now, you won't read them in a week and they'd take up a massive portion of your luggage allowance. Just get them when you're here.

Quick Reply

Latest