The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Remark

deleted
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by frauschlange
Hi! I'm right on a grade boundry and have been recommended a remark of my AQA Physics by the college. Can anyone give me advice on the remark process and timespans for results? Thanks!

Okay, first thing: do you have a university place secured?
Reply 2
Yes I have a firm offer (deferred), but I'm likely to do another round of applications.

Original post by 04MR17
Okay, first thing: do you have a university place secured?
Yes I have a firm offer (deferred), but I'm likely to do another round of applications.

Okay, if you're holding a deferred place you'll need to lose that and make a fresh application as UCAS cycles can't overlap/carry over.

You need to talk to your school/college about getting a "review of marking" done, this will check that all the admin from the exam board has been done correct. Marks can go up or down from, the majority will stay the same. If you're very high in the grade bracket then even if your marks drop it's likely that your grade will stay the same if your marks were to drop. This is likely why you're being advised to go for it: the chances of losing out are quite low in your case.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, if you're holding a deferred place you'll need to lose that and make a fresh application as UCAS cycles can't overlap/carry over.

You need to talk to your school/college about getting a "review of marking" done, this will check that all the admin from the exam board has been done correct. Marks can go up or down from, the majority will stay the same. If you're very high in the grade bracket then even if your marks drop it's likely that your grade will stay the same if your marks were to drop. This is likely why you're being advised to go for it: the chances of losing out are quite low in your case.

Yes I'm very high in the bracket (around 2 marks) and have gotten in touch with the college for this. Thanks!
Yes I'm very high in the bracket (around 2 marks) and have gotten in touch with the college for this. Thanks!

Awesome! What are you doing to celebrate?
Reply 6
Original post by 04MR17
Awesome! What are you doing to celebrate?

Go for a lovely walk and meet up with friends! I'm still pretty chuffed overall though since I got A* in my other A levels.
Go for a lovely walk and meet up with friends! I'm still pretty chuffed overall though since I got A* in my other A levels.

:gasp: So that's so incredible! :party2:

Quick Reply

Latest