The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Room Swap Halifax Band 3

Hii, I've got a band 3 Halifax room looking to swap to a band 1 Halifax or maybe David Kato room if anyones interested?
Reply 1
Original post by uhus
Hii, I've got a band 3 Halifax room looking to swap to a band 1 Halifax or maybe David Kato room if anyones interested?

Hi, do you mind me asking why you're looking to move? I was in Halifax Band 3 and it is a really nice accom, so would love to answer any questions you might have. I'll be honest you probably won't have much luck getting Halifax band 1 since only 2 houses offer it this year (only about 40 places). There is a way to advertise a room swap on evision, but your best bet is joining UoY freshers facebook groups, as well as Halifax and Kato ones and just asking around :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by phh03
Hi, do you mind me asking why you're looking to move? I was in Halifax Band 3 and it is a really nice accom, so would love to answer any questions you might have. I'll be honest you probably won't have much luck getting Halifax band 1 since only 2 houses offer it this year (only about 40 places). There is a way to advertise a room swap on evision, but your best bet is joining UoY freshers facebook groups, as well as Halifax and Kato ones and just asking around :smile:

Ahhh its mostly just a price issue to be honest, my budgets pretty strict and already been surpassed, plus my access to part time work is a little limited so I'm just shooting for the lowest cost room I can.

Thanks for the information!
Reply 3
Oh that's so annoying. Maybe if you email the accommodation team and ask if there's a way they can swap you? I think shared rooms are one of the cheapest options too, but obviously they aren't ideal. The student hub also might be a good place to email as they have a cost of living team that can try to help you out and figure out a plan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending