The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Students from University of Surrey

How's the university overall? Are the professors and management pretty solid? Would you say it's a worthwhile choice? And what's the vibe like with the students and locals there?

How's life in Surrey? (I'm not really concerned about the nightlife) But are there any other cool happenings around? And is it a safe area to be in?

As an international student, I'm having a tough time finding concrete pros and cons about the university online. It's a bit nerve-wracking, feels like I'm diving in blind, especially without the chance to attend any UK open days. I'm hoping to get a better grasp of what I'm getting myself into and maybe brace for any downsides.

Since the clearing process is still ongoing, I'm wondering if I should rethink my decision and lean towards more renowned options like Cardiff, Exeter etc. I get that no university is flawless, but it seems like Surrey is a bit of a mystery compared to the others.
Hi there!

Surrey is a solid university. We recently ranked as one of the top universities in the country for student satisfaction, coming 4th in the National Student Survey!

Guildford is a vibrant town, with an overall peaceful vibe to it - many places to walk around and visit, such as parks, museums, high street and shopping centres. It has a good nightlife, but isn’t defined by it. If you’re an active person, you’ll thrive in Guildford :smile:

The town holds many events throughout the year such as markets and festivals, so there is plenty of fun going on here. It’s also a safe town to live in, with friendly locals (from my own experience). As the biggest town in Surrey, Guildford has everything you need as a student, and more :biggrin:

In regards to getting to know the university and students a bit better online, I recommend you visit the uni’s Unibuddy page, where you can chat online with students from a wide variety of courses.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending