The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School A108 (Gateway Year) 2024 entry applicants and offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Also just to add I think we’re all acheived applicants???
Original post by Anonymous_7871
Also just to add I think we’re all acheived applicants???

I saw that pattern too, I think they’re getting all the achieved A-level applicants out of the way. Super well done and good luck with prep :smile:
Original post by sunflower2.0
I saw that pattern too, I think they’re getting all the achieved A-level applicants out of the way. Super well done and good luck with prep :smile:

Thanks, how are you prepping? Hyms also do a group station but I think that’s pretty straight forward
Thanks, how are you prepping? Hyms also do a group station but I think that’s pretty straight forward

Im just prepping using a MMI course that was provided to me when I went to a medical conference and using question banks I find online. How about you?
Original post by sunflower2.0
Im just prepping using a MMI course that was provided to me when I went to a medical conference and using question banks I find online. How about you?

Literally don’t know how to prep, don’t have any courses. Do you recommend any?
Literally don’t know how to prep, don’t have any courses. Do you recommend any?

Hey I’m signed up to one with “The Aspiring Medics” which I got for free for attending the conference and then I also signed up for a completely free one from “journeytohealthcare.co.uk” . Lmk if you need more suggestions. The first one I mentioned is brilliant very interactive and I got signed up to more stuff through them.
Reply 26
did anyone else got an interview yet??
Reply 27
did anyone without achieved grades get an interview yet ?
Original post by nemoiiiii
did anyone without achieved grades get an interview yet ?

Hi i am waiting as well but my class mate has gotten an interview for A100 for end of January idk if its that they will send gateway years invite late or something?
Reply 29
Original post by anayasyed
Hi i am waiting as well but my class mate has gotten an interview for A100 for end of January idk if its that they will send gateway years invite late or something?

i think they are going to send tgem early december i emailed them on thee 23rd and they said we will get an outcome in 7 days
i think they are going to send tgem early december i emailed them on thee 23rd and they said we will get an outcome in 7 days

can i just ask if you dont mind what other medical schools have you applied to and have you received any offers yet?
Reply 31
can i just ask if you dont mind what other medical schools have you applied to and have you received any offers yet?

i hava applied to keele , newcastle uni and plymouth uni foundation year. Haven’t received any offer yet but inshAllah we get them.What about you?
Anyone here applied for uea foundation year?
i hava applied to keele , newcastle uni and plymouth uni foundation year. Haven’t received any offer yet but inshAllah we get them.What about you?

I applied to keele, bristol and leeds all for foundation years i haven’t received anything but i had an online mock mmi with Leeds yesterday and the interviewer said that don’t get worried as you can get offers until march but i am still worried i did apply to pharmacology as back up and heard back from it tho. Still hopeful insha Allah!
I applied to keele, bristol and leeds all for foundation years i haven’t received anything but i had an online mock mmi with Leeds yesterday and the interviewer said that don’t get worried as you can get offers until march but i am still worried i did apply to pharmacology as back up and heard back from it tho. Still hopeful insha Allah!

You had a mock mmi with Leeds? I’ve also applied there? How can I sign up!
You had a mock mmi with Leeds? I’ve also applied there? How can I sign up!

I am so sorry to let you know but the deadline was last week and the mock interview is on the 9th but the one i did was for medicine futures a programme leeds does-
If you can pm me your email or something i can share the brochure if you still wanna take a look sorry again
Reply 36
Did anyone attend the hyms medicafe interview prep zoom call? I had unfortunately missed it, could someone pm me and let me know how it went and if they have any tips for interviews?
Original post by 10958948t
Did anyone attend the hyms medicafe interview prep zoom call? I had unfortunately missed it, could someone pm me and let me know how it went and if they have any tips for interviews?

I didn’t even miss it, I joined but it said max participants of 500 so it wouldn’t let me join. I literally signed up for it 1 month in advance lol
I didn’t even miss it, I joined but it said max participants of 500 so it wouldn’t let me join. I literally signed up for it 1 month in advance lol

You know i think this is just unfair, we all should be allowed a chance cause i am sure they are aware how many people join every year so they should accommodate for all of us
You know i think this is just unfair, we all should be allowed a chance cause i am sure they are aware how many people join every year so they should accommodate for all of us

Eh so what. Honestly I need to get into med this year, if I don’t that’s it… end of the road. For hyms they say that local applicants are favoured throughout application process, and I’m not a local applicant. But hopefully my prep goes well and smash it

Good luck to everyone else

Also how many people do you think have got an interview for gateway and how many offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending