The Student Room Group

Official: University of Bristol A108 (Gateway) 2024 Entry Applicants

Welcome to the University of Bristol A108 (Gateway to Medicine) 2024 Entry Discussion.

2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7259901

For general information click: https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/2024/medicine/mb-chb-gateway-to-medicine/
For entry requirements click: (as above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone done their UCAT yet?
Reply 2
Original post by User_F1
Anyone done their UCAT yet?

Nope; I am going to sit mine on the 28th. Hbu?
Reply 3
Whose applied?
Reply 4
Original post by User_F1
Whose applied?

Me
I applied to Bristol A108 course this year but I think my Ucat score means I won’t get a chance of getting in. I got predicted BBC with B in bio and chem and 887777666. But my Ucat score was 2260.
Reply 6
Did anyone else just get a rejection?? My ucat is 2600 B1 and achieved A levels of BBC and all GCSEs 9/8s :/
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Abcd.123
Did anyone else just get a rejection?? My ucat is 2600 B1 and achieved A levels of BBC and all GCSEs 9/8s :/

did you attend a school on bristol's aspiring schools list (in the year immediately prior to your application)/have been in care?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 8
What UCAT score did you guys apply with?
Reply 9
Original post by 30five
What UCAT score did you guys apply with?

2420 b2
Reply 10
anyone else preparing for the mock interview if you got given one?
Reply 11
Original post by prosperx
anyone else preparing for the mock interview if you got given one?

Haven't got one, who's supplying you with the mock interview?
Reply 12
Original post by 30five
Haven't got one, who's supplying you with the mock interview?

Ah sorry forgot to say, so if you’ve done an outreach programme with bristol. ( Access to Bristol , Bristol Summer School , Bristol Scholars) you’re eligible for guaranteed interview regardless of ucat score as long as you achieve the minimum grade requirements for both the standard and gateway course. This is followed up by support to help you through mock interviews , tutoring if your on scholars and much more. This was what I was told by them.
Anyone heard back?
Reply 14
Nothing yet I seen that they started giving out the A100 Medicine Course interviews I think they do them first then followed by the Gateway batches not too sure.
Reply 15
Does anyone know what style the interviews going to be in this year?
guys from stalking the past year threads we could maybe start hearing something back around the 7/8th of December !!!!
Reply 17
Are contextual offers made for the gateway entry or is it just for the standard 5 year entry?
Reply 18
Original post by ZBA 101
Are contextual offers made for the gateway entry or is it just for the standard 5 year entry?

gateway entry is different from normal contextual offers. There’s a higher grade reduction and UCAT reduction albeit there’s an extra year which needs to be completed
Reply 19
Original post by 30five
Does anyone know what style the interviews going to be in this year?

multiple mini interviews - mmi's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending