The Student Room Group

Hull York Medical School A108 (Gateway Year) 2024 entry applicants and offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous_7871
Eh so what. Honestly I need to get into med this year, if I don’t that’s it… end of the road. For hyms they say that local applicants are favoured throughout application process, and I’m not a local applicant. But hopefully my prep goes well and smash it

Good luck to everyone else

Also how many people do you think have got an interview for gateway and how many offers?

Same I that’s honestly what I’m scared about, I really need to get into med this year. And I’m not local either.
Apparently for 2022 they gave out around 76 interviews and around 54 offers for gateway. So I’m assuming it won’t be too far from that.

In’Sha’Allah we get in this year!
Reply 41
Hi all, just seen this in the hyms a100 chat. Someone attended the webinar and made notes and posted a link of their notes. HYMS Webinar notes
Hopefully this helps
Hi has anyone gotten any offers or rejections?
Original post by anayasyed
Hi has anyone gotten any offers or rejections?

Nope but my friend got an interview for York med but he’s a standard applicant :smile:
Original post by sunflower2.0
Nope but my friend got an interview for York med but he’s a standard applicant :smile:

Ah ok thanks i saw on the leeds a100 thread someone said they got an interview for foundation for hyms or i might have mixed it up so thought I would confirm
Ah ok thanks i saw on the leeds a100 thread someone said they got an interview for foundation for hyms or i might have mixed it up so thought I would confirm

That may have been an applicant with achieved grades bae :smile:
That may have been an applicant with achieved grades bae :smile:

Ahh okkk didn’t thought about that, do achieved get it earlier than us? Got a rejection from leeds, a bit depressed so thought I would look for hope somewhere else lol :,)
Ahh okkk didn’t thought about that, do achieved get it earlier than us? Got a rejection from leeds, a bit depressed so thought I would look for hope somewhere else lol :,)

Hey thats totally fine remember you have other options and remain optimistic! Rejection is redirection. Also yes from what i gathered the first batch of interviews given out seemed to be to applicants with achieved grades.
Lets remain hopeful :wink:
Thank you so much for your kind words, all we can do now is hope for the best.
Has anyone considered studying medicine abroad? I know there are alot of exams you need to do now to practice in the UK after the degree elsewhere but I was thinking if i got rejected from everywhere maybe i will apply outside of Uk as there deadline is much later
Thank you so much for your kind words, all we can do now is hope for the best.
Has anyone considered studying medicine abroad? I know there are alot of exams you need to do now to practice in the UK after the degree elsewhere but I was thinking if i got rejected from everywhere maybe i will apply outside of Uk as there deadline is much later

Up to you, would you be willing to stay in a different country for 6 years without family? I know I wouldn’t. If I get rejected I’m gonna do pharmacy instead
Original post by Anonymous_7871
Up to you, would you be willing to stay in a different country for 6 years without family? I know I wouldn’t. If I get rejected I’m gonna do pharmacy instead

I do have a pharmacy offer but considering 4 years of pharmacy and then 4 years of graduate medicine(which is extremely competitive) to then finally be a doctor is in my opinion way too long but if you are planning to just do pharmacy its not a bad option- hope it all goes well for you
Reply 51
hi im in a whatssap groupchat for plymouth foundation and hull york applicants dm me if you wanna join
(edited 4 months ago)
Good morning- my friend who has done sutton trust got an interview invite in the end of November for 24th jan, i just confirmed with her so thought I would update
(edited 4 months ago)
Guys have any first time applicants received an interview my friend let me know he received one about two weeks ago ;(
getting a little scared hehehehe
Guys have any first time applicants received an interview my friend let me know he received one about two weeks ago ;(
getting a little scared hehehehe

Same just getting a little tiny tenny bit nervous, my 2 friends received interview i would say about two weeks as well.
Have you got interview anywhere else?
Same just getting a little tiny tenny bit nervous, my 2 friends received interview i would say about two weeks as well.
Have you got interview anywhere else?

Yes only Plymouth so far, let’s remain hopeful that they’ll send another batch :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 56
guys i emailed them and they said they will send all invites on the 11th for the gateway year. finger crossed, inshAllah we will get one :smile:
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by nemoiiiii
guys i emailed them and they said they will send all invited on the 11th for the gateway year. finger crossed, inshAllah we will get one :smile:

Thats a very nice news, thank you for letting us know!! <3
Insha Allah we will get an interview!
I have been rejected from Hyms
Reply 59
I have been rejected from Hyms

oh no don’t worry you have other options, how many points did you have? i also got rejected…
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending