The Student Room Group

Insulted my friend?

My friends and I went to a theme park a few days ago. One of my friends was wearing a black top that showed cleavage and was cropped etc. She started complaining when some boy looked at her, saying that “men are sexualising me omg, they can’t stop staring at my body” and stuff like that. This boy was not even staring at her he literally just glanced in our direction. Without thinking, I said “well duh I mean look what you’re wearing”. I get why she got upset, but I meant it as in, you choose to wear these things knowing what you’re showing. Afterwards, she was upset the entire day, and I just stayed away from her. I should have apologised, but it was just soooo awkward with all my other friends there. I definitely should not have said it, because now we don’t talk anymore and it’s weird between us. She’s moved schools (not because of that incident, just because she moved away) What should I do? She’s happier now (i think) in her new school because she’s always posting on insta, and she hasn’t said anything to me about it , but we talked briefly once about just general life. I’m not even sure if she forgot it happened or anything
*shrug* It's all pretty petty, no matter how you look at it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
My friends and I went to a theme park a few days ago. One of my friends was wearing a black top that showed cleavage and was cropped etc.

A few days ago? It was 2 months ago...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7362366#post98524879
Nah, wasn’t an insult, it was the truth. And as you say, the guy wasn’t even staring, he just glanced. Sounds like she wanted to deliberately flaunt her cleavage and then indulge in faux outrage when someone looked at her. Anyway, it sounds like this happened a while ago so not worth bringing it up again.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
My friends and I went to a theme park a few days ago. One of my friends was wearing a black top that showed cleavage and was cropped etc. She started complaining when some boy looked at her, saying that “men are sexualising me omg, they can’t stop staring at my body” and stuff like that. This boy was not even staring at her he literally just glanced in our direction. Without thinking, I said “well duh I mean look what you’re wearing”. I get why she got upset, but I meant it as in, you choose to wear these things knowing what you’re showing. Afterwards, she was upset the entire day, and I just stayed away from her. I should have apologised, but it was just soooo awkward with all my other friends there. I definitely should not have said it, because now we don’t talk anymore and it’s weird between us. She’s moved schools (not because of that incident, just because she moved away) What should I do? She’s happier now (i think) in her new school because she’s always posting on insta, and she hasn’t said anything to me about it , but we talked briefly once about just general life. I’m not even sure if she forgot it happened or anything

She wanted to show her “assets” so she assumes the harmless consequences.ie guys looking at her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending