The Student Room Group

Was is being offensive to my friend?

I went to a theme park recently with this group of friends, and one of the girls was wearing a black crop top that was V cut and showed cleavage. A few guys walked past us a looked at her, they didn’t say anything or do anything they just continued their own conversation but they glanced over. She said “this is so disgusting, men are so disgusting for looking at me like that” and i said “well what can you expect?” I didn't really think it through, and I didn’t mean it in an offensive way, i meant it in a way to say that by wearing that, she is aware of what she is showing. I can understand how I am wrong, honestly i don’t even know if I am because anything can be offensive in the wrong context, but now she is telling everyone that I supported the men “sexualising her and that I was so rude for saying that. What should I do? Like I said i will accept being wrong, I just hate how she escalated it to this point, and told the rest of my friends this extreme version of what I said. :frown:
Reply 1
Why do you bother to dress in a certain way if it isn't to attract attention? Those guys have walked past your friend and have not actually said anything. It shows massive assumption on your friends part - that she has an agenda and was perhaps fixated on herself She obviously wanted attention; someone to say something about her as she was aware that she was showing a large amount of cleavage?

She expected others to be transfixed by her expressive attire - otherwise why wear it? Perhaps there wasn't enough reaction that is why she is making so much fuss?

Some people however are not worth defending. She obviously doesn't recognise a good friend when it hits her but she wouldn't because she is too self absorbed. Time to find other good friends who will take no notice of her trivial babble.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 2
You expect guys not to be able to tame their eyeballs. Weaklings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending